bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Secrets of Yoni Steaming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

Yoni steaming which has also been referred to as vaginal steaming, is a wholistic way of replenishing the womb and also keeping your lady area clean and balanced. I first heard about this on a tv show. I thought it was bizarre or taboo. I have later come to realize that it is really an amazing and healing experience. Yoni steaming is allowing an herbally enriched steam to permeate your vaginal area. 

It was a hard to decide on what to put in my steaming water because there are so many herbal choices with their own specific benefits. I used basil, coconut oil, and honey, and salt in my boiling water.

So before I actually did the steaming I cleaned the bathroom up really well. I didn’t want to do something so pure in a dirty bathroom. After cleaning the bathroom, I cleaned my body. I took an exfoliating shower. It was a REALLY good feeling after a long day at class.

This is just a little tip. Make sure you have a pot just for steaming because you don’t want to use the one you cook with. Also make sure your toilet is clean.

I lit some candles so it would be well lit in my bathroom without the overhead light on. It was a peaceful and soothing atmosphere. My next thing was to play some mood appropriate music. The only option was Erykah Badu. My play list was as follows (in this order):

1. Erykah Badu: Orange Moon

2. Erykah Badu: Green Eyes

3. Erykah Badu: Out My Mind, Just In Time

4. Jill Scott: Love Rain

5. John Coltrane: In a Sentimental Mood

While I was allowing the steam to permeate my vaginal area, I was sitting and vibing to the music. Allowing all the good vibes from the music and healing power of the steam to just flow through my body. Also I was able to meditate and pray. I took this opportunity to heal and prepare for the upcoming week. It was a beautiful experience.

This experience is one that I was so excited to share with my readers. I’m really into taking care of my lady parts. Especially because I feel as though they are more precious than diamonds, rubies, and pearls.

I also took suggestions from my best friend about vinegar baths and count oil treatments. She has made it a priority to maintain a healthy PH balance with natural treatments and it has definitely rubbed off on me.

Afterwards I actually was really horny. That wasn’t the result I was expecting but it was an added bonus. Afterwards I just felt real womanly and pretty. It was truly a spiritual experience.

Hello everyone! My name is Maiya Sinclair Asia Onie Patrice S. In the mean time I will be going by M. Sinclair. It is the pen name I have chosen to write under. I am 22 years old and born on July 23rd, 1993 on the West Side of Chicago and I currently live in the suburbs. I love Chicago! There is no greater city! Yes I am a Leo!! It is one of my worst and BEST qualities. In my opinion and by conclusion based on others, I am a witty creative mind, with a pure genuine since of self. I am a little weird at times, but aren’t we all? I have just figured out that there are degrees of weirdness. I have an appreciation for art and wine respectively, no wonder why they go so well together!!  I am seriously musically inclined, meaning that I have played two instruments in my life I did color guard for six years. FYI: THIS IS DEFFINITELY A SPORT.) Aside from playing instruments I can also sing and dance. When I say I listen to music ALL day EVERY day, I mean it. Sometimes if I don’t listen to music I feel completely off. I have a wide range of listening choices; I love jazz classical all the way to show tunes and musicals and that includes everything in between. But my go to Pandora station is Erykah Badu. That station is definitely the truth. Music is a huge part of my life. I would like to believe that I am both smart and intelligent because in my opinion there is difference in having done well in institutionalized education (smart) and having the ability to apply the knowledge you gained in daily living (intelligence). I am pursuing a Journalism degree at Roosevelt University with a minor in African American Studies.  I chose my major because I genuinely feel like I have something meaningful and inspiring to share with the world. As a journalist I want my work to create conversation and provoke change. I promise to always uphold the truth to the best of my abilities. I will not create stories or issues just for views. Journalistic integrity is of the highest importance to me.  I hope that having a little insight into my life and mindset has intrigued you to want to keep reading. I hope you all enjoy them and can relate.