6 Ways to Set Healthy Boundaries

If there is something that 2021 teaches you, let it be that establishing boundaries helps protect our time and aura. Setting boundaries is essential to better communicate in our relationships, and it allows us to feel valid and understood. It's an undeniable act of self-love, and it helps you make decisions based on what is best for you individually.

It is so important to take the time and effort to manage our emotions and connections in a healthy way, so I’ve shared some boundaries I’ve set for myself and how they've impacted my life in a powerful way. I hope it can help others who are trying to do the same. 

1. I will not allow others to guilt trip or manipulate me into doing things that I’m uncomfortable with, or allow them to invalidate my feelings.

2. I will honor my emotional needs. I will focus on what it is that I’m lacking emotionally and work on improving that.

3. I will not hold myself responsible for things that are beyond my control. I also will not blame myself for the pain that someone else has caused me.

4. I will continue standing up for myself and others, and voice my ideologies with confidence.

5. I will cut people out of my life who make me feel unworthy. 

6. I will not let my happiness depend on other people.