This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Let’s be honest here, this semester has been rough. When you have the normal amount of “crazy” with projects, exams and papers, then add in a global pandemic with only two Study Break days you have a recipe for exhaustion and burnout.

However, music can almost always make me feel better, so I thought I would share my upbeat playlist with you in order to get through the mid-semester blues.

2002 by Anne-Marie

This song honestly just makes me want to drive with my windows down. It is so reminiscent of summer and I hope that it’ll help you to get through the last couple of weeks of the wild roller coaster that is Western New York weather.

Green Light by Lorde

Back in high school, I used to dance and this was one of my favorite songs to improv to for a while. For those who don’t know me, one of my favorite things to do when I’m stressed about an upcoming deadline is to “dance it out” like Meredith and Christina in Grey’s Anatomy, and this song is perfect!

Paper Rings by Taylor Swift

There is something about this song that just makes me want to get up and dance with all of my friends. It is positive, romantic, upbeat and just all around an amazing song. I have to admit that I have been a Taylor Swift fan since her first album, but this song is one of my favorites of hers.

John Hughes Movie by Maisie Peters

Maisie Peters is one of my favorite artists, and this song — which is her most recent release — will make you want to dance, scream and just get all of your emotions out. It is refreshing and one of my favorite songs to listen to on repeat.

Seriously Just Stop by somegirlnamedanna

I am not very knowledgeable about music… but I do know that the beat in this song is amazing! Beyond that, the artist’s voice is incredible and I love to sing along to this song.

Bang! By AJR

This song came out just before the start of the pandemic, and I have to admit that I listened to it on repeat for the first couple of weeks of the lockdown. The lyrics in any AJR song will make you want to simultaneously laugh and cry, and this song is no exception. It’ll get you ready to go out with a bang for the end of the semester!

100 Bad Days by AJR

This song is a perfect reminder that the bad days can have a silver lining and things will get better. Whether you’re just having an off day or are stressed about finals, this song will help you to get back on track and remember that it will be okay.

Better Days by The Goo Goo Dolls

If you need a fresh start or a reminder that things can change for the better, then this is the song for you. You’ve got this!

I hope that these song recommendations help you to get through the mid-semester blues! If you have any suggestions for songs that should be added to the playlist, message us on Instagram!

Junior Political Science major. Interested in: Current Events, Music, and Baking!