Wellness

A message to my future self: self encouragement for difficult times

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Hey Victoria,

First, take a second to breathe. You’re probably very busy right now with everything that you have going on whether it’s research or studying for the bar or maybe even back to back meetings with clients. I want to let you know that I am so proud of you. Even though you’ve lost so much, you were able to find the light in every single person and thing that has entered your life. Remember when you thought that everything was falling off track and that there was no way you’d find a path that truly brought you happiness? Look at where you are now. The turbulent  journey only makes the smooth sailing feel so much better. I want to remind you that you are so loved. You are surrounded by people who make you happy. You are the hero of your own story. Even though you’re continuously growing and changing, your friends and family will forever keep you grounded. Keep doing what makes you happy and brings joy to your life. Pay attention to what exhausts you and what brightens your day. You are the only person responsible for your happiness so do everything you can to maintain that. Most importantly, keep going. I’m rooting for you, and I know you can do it. 

With so much love,

Victoria 

Hey, I'm Victoria! I'm an International Relations major and Spanish Language minor at the University of Rochester. I'm a multi-faceted person whose interest range from vlogging to political science research. Currently I am an intern at the NYS Office of the Attorney General, a Public Relation intern and I have a passion for fashion and all the beautiful things life has to offer. Connect with me on instagram: @Victoria.liverpool