books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

3 Ways To Self-Care During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

So, it’s mid-term week. All those assignments and tests are beginning to pile up, and stress can be super easy to set in. Although it can be a motivation, stress is extremely poisonous to the body and the mind, and I believe everyone can relate to passing out from exhaustion on Friday or Saturday night once that last exam is finished.  However, during this stressful time, it is vital to have some time for relaxation while the exam season is on. Here are some suggestions.

1. Have “me time”

Look, exams are stressful, we all know that, but our stress multiples if we don’t give ourselves time to be alone and to be separate from the drama of our social lives. Whether it’s by listening to music, watching Netflix, or sleeping, let yourself have that time. You’ll be surprised on how well you’ll feel.

2. Plan out study time and assignments

This pretty much explains itself, by planning out time to do these assignments, your responsibilities don’t pile up, and it helps not tempt you to procrastinate to the last minute. Plan an assignment/study time every-day, it will definitely help with the work load.

3. SLEEP

Get sleep. Don’t pull those all-nighters. Sleep deprivation seriously affects the brain and the body, and it’s a guaranteed way for your work ethic to go down a lot.

Good luck on the exams, but don’t forget the self-love your body needs to succeed!

Image Credit: Cover, 1

Lucinda Shea

Regent '21

Originally from the Nashville, TN area, Lucinda Shea is an International Studies major at Regent Univerisity. She loves to write poetry and her own philosophies, and  she enjoys listening to the stories of others. Lucinda has spent years in the instrumental and vocal music world as well as many years in the theatrical world. Lucinda hopes to travel the world and share her experiences with others, but most important, she hopes to meet wonderful people in her life. Lucinda thrives off of a good cup of coffee and you can most likely find her listening to music while reading in a coffee shop.