This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

If you’re looking to get in shape for summer but don’t have the motivation or any idea how to, you’ve come to the right place! Here are 10 super exercises to get you that perfect bikini bod or to get in shape before the summer comes rolling in.

1. Running

The all-time easiest way to lose the pounds and get toned. Hit up the treadmill, track, or even grab your headphones and run around the quad! Start off with a half a mile and build up your stamina until you can run a mile or two. Apps like Strava and Runkeeper can keep track of your distance and motivate you to reach your goal. Cardio is a great way to lose weight, be healthy, and have a good endurance.

2. Planks

Planks are a great way to work out your abs. Plank for 1 minute and make sure to hold your posture with your butt down and body straight. If you want to spice it up for a bit, every 10 seconds go up and down using your arms, and then after the 10 seconds go back to your normal position. Repeat every 10 seconds until the time is up.

3. Crunches

Another great ab workout. These are really easy and really workout your core. Try doing 30 crunches in 3 reps to get in a good workout.

4. Bicycle kicks

Bicycle kicks can be tough but are worth the outcome. These can also be done in 3 reps, 1 minute each. Make sure that your back is lifted to get the full exercise. All you have to do is crunch your body up, and touch your elbows to your knees, alternating legs and knees demonstrated in the picture below.

5. Toe Touches

These are best done 20 times in 3 reps. Lay on your back, with your legs touching together in the air, and reach up and touch your toes. You will really feel this in your abs.

6. Squats

The key to a great booty. When doing squats, make sure your knees aren’t going over your toes and that your feet are a good distance apart. When coming up from the squat, make sure your whole body comes up and bend down into the squat position as if you are sitting on a toilet. Do 20 squats in 3 reps for the best results.

7. Sumo squats

Another type of squat is a sumo squat. These squats are a bit different and require you to spread out your legs a little more. These are best in 3 reps, also 20 times each. The same posture as squats is also required for sumo squats as well. Hold a 20 pound dumbbell in your hands while you do this to add weight.

8. Jump squats

Jump squats are tiring but super great to plump up your butt. Do normal squats, but instead jump into them. Start off by doing 10 each in 30 reps, and over time build up your endurance so you can do more and more each time.

9. Bicep curls

To work out your arms, this exercise is simple and effective. If you’re looking to just tone your arms, use an 8 or 10-pound dumbbell. If you are looking to get big, use anything higher than 20 pounds. Take a dumbbell in each hand and keep your arm still while bending your elbow to make your hand go towards your face. Do 10 of these in 3 reps.

10. Arm Lifts

This workout is surprisingly tough despite looking fairly easy. Take a dumbbell in each hand and lift up your arms so they are in a straight line across and then slowly bring them down. These are best done 10 times per arm and in 3 reps.

Kaitlyn Berlanga

Quinnipiac '20

The sweetest, sassiest, most sarcastic girl you'll ever meet. Writing articles to better the lives of us girls :)