Anna Schultz-Cinnamon Rolls Driping With Icing
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

My “World Famous” Cinnamon Roll Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

The weather getting colder always puts me in the mood to bake, and one of my absolute favorite desserts to make is cinnamon rolls. This recipe is by far the best I’ve tried, so I’d love to share it with you all :)

Ingredients

Dough:

• ½ cup warm milk
  • 1 ¼ tsp yeast
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 ½ Tb melted butter
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 ¼ cup flour

Filling:

• ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tb + ¾ tsp cinnamon
  • 2 ½ Tb softened butter

Icing:

• 2 Tb softened butter
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
  • ¼ tsp vanilla
  • 1 ½ oz. cream cheese

directions

1. Warm milk in microwave to 105-110 deg F
  2. Dissolve yeast and sugar in milk
  3. In the same bowl, add egg, butter (for dough), and salt
  4. Add flour slowly, mixing as you go until fully blended
  5. Knead for 8 minutes
  6. Put dough on floured surface, cover, and let rest for at least 5 minutes (I usually take a break and leave it for around an hour and a half until it has about doubled in size)
  7. Roll into 6” by 12” rectangle
  8. In a separate bowl, mix filling ingredients with a pastry blender
  9. Sprinkle filling on the rectangle of dough and spread evenly to cover all corners
  10. Roll dough up, leaving a 6” long log
  11. Cut dough into 8 pieces by halves, using floss or a serrated knife
  12. Place in a greased cake pan
  13. Bake at 350 deg F or 25-30 min, or until golden
  14. Mix icing ingredients together and spread over rolls

I hope you enjoy!!

Katherine Raykova is the President at the Her Campus at Purdue chapter. She’s been a part of Purdue’s Her Campus chapter since fall of 2020! She oversees chapter meetings, brand partnerships, a monthly chapter newsletter, and general maintenance to keep her chapter afloat. Her favorite areas to write about are fashion, books, plants, and all things witchy. Katherine is currently a senior at Purdue University, double majoring in Mechanical Engineering and English with a minor in Intellectual Property Law for Engineers. She has completed a year of industry experience working in aerospace consulting and is currently an undergraduate research assistant for the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue. Outside of classes and Her Campus, Katherine is also a writing tutor at Purdue’s On-Campus Writing Lab (OWL) and a mentor for the Women in Engineering program. She hopes to attend law school next year to become a patent attorney. When she gets the chance, Katherine reads and spends as much time outside as possible. She loves listening to music and going on long walks around campus and nearby nature centers – even in the winter. Most days, she practices yoga, plays with tarot cards, and drinks multiple cups of tea. When she feels inspired, Katherine writes fiction or takes on a sewing/knitting project.