This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

No boo this Valentine’s Day? No problem! Take the day to treat yourself and dedicate some time to love yourself! I scoured the internet to find some of the best self-care activities so that you don’t have to, here are some of my favorites:

Buy yourself some flowers

Who says you can’t buy yourself a nice bouquet of flowers? Start your day off right with some nice roses (or whatever tickles your fancy), and it’ll be something pretty to look at throughout the day and a little reminder of how much you love yourself!

Do some skincare

Pop up a movie or your favorite TV show and treat your skin! Skincare is so important, but a lot of us either don’t have the time to do it or we’re so exhausted by the end of the day that we just want to chill out or sleep. But even a little goes a long way, and I promise you’ll feel so refreshed afterwards! Grab that fancy facemask you have been saving and put it to good use!

Write yourself a love letter

Or just a note if that’s all you need. We all know 2020 was a tough year, so it could be a good time to reflect on how much you’ve grown! Write down some things that you love about yourself or some motivation/encouragement. Tape it up on your wall somewhere so you can see it every day and be reminded of how great you are <3

Take a relaxing bath

One of my favorite ways to wind down is with a bubbly bath. Treat yourself to some bath bombs and let all your worries go, especially in this cold weather! For all my fellow on-campus people who don’t really want to soak in a communal bathtub, I have the perfect alternative: shower steamers! This pack of 6 shower steamers on Amazon let you soak in some yummy aromatherapy in the shower, and I think they’re absolutely amazing. They’re a perfect solution to fancying up your dorm shower experience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L5QGF38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sleep early

There’s no better way to end the day and start the next than with a good night’s rest. End your day on a happy note and remember to take care of yourself!

Even if you have somebody to spend this Valentine’s Day with, I would ~highly recommend~ trying some of these things out if you have the time! They’re great ways to de-stress and have a good time in general. Have fun and have a great Valentine’s Day, queens! <3

Hi! I'm Michelle, a senior at Purdue University studying Brain and Behavioral Sciences with a minor in Management. I'm from Orange County in sunny SoCal. Some of my hobbies include golfing, journaling, and singing!