This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Being a college student during these times can seem extremely hard. Having to juggle multiple classes at once and adjusting to a new way of learning seems nearly impossible. It may seem like you almost never get time to yourself anymore and I can agree with you on that. At the beginning of the semester it seemed hard to find even five minutes to cool down and unwind. When I finally found the time to unwind, I was so tired that I didn’t even want to get out of bed. Since August, I’ve learned a few ways to unwind after a long day of studying. Here are my ideas on how to unwind after your school day and actually enjoy it.

Reading

I have found picking up a book and taking time to read actually helps my brain settle after a long day. I get to spend some quite time to myself and indulge into a new creative world of my imagination. I highly recommend turning off the lights, cozying up in bed, and switching on a lamp helps me relax and read best. Some books I recommend are 1984, Crazy Rich Asians, and The Marshmallow Test.

Yoga

I have found that doing yoga is both fun and relaxing. Turning on a nice nature playlist and take time for your mind to unwind and rest. Spotify has plenty of yoga playlists to choose from and I have found majority of them to be extremely helpful.

Watching Netflix

This list wouldn’t be complete without the streaming giant on it. Now is the perfect time to either catchup on a series or start a new one. One series I highly recommend is Sweet Magnolias. It’s a bittersweet coming of age type tv-show that is sure to strike your heart strings the right way.

Of course, there are many other ways to relax and unwind after a rough day or week. These are just my top three that I highly recommend if you are having trouble coming up with any. It is important more so now than ever to check up on your mental health and take some time just for you. 2020 has been full of stressful situations and we need to focus on ourselves.

Ava Smith

Purdue '23

Hello! My name is Ava Smith. I am a junior studying Advertising and Film Studies. I am from a suburb of Chicago called St. Charles and enjoy all the wonderful parks it has to offer. My hobbies consist of writing, filmmaking, and spontaneous adventures with friends. Currently, I am the Multimedia Manager for Boiler Communication and Social Media Moguel at the Hub on State Street. This is my second year being involved in Her Campus and I am so excited about all the new memories and opportunities I will make this year and for years to come!