hawaii girl happy explore jacket beach adventure
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
Wellness > Mental Health

How To Ease Your Worries During This Crazy Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

This past week was Mental Illness Awareness Week.  But the promotion of mental health awareness should not be just a week or even a month; it should always be happening.  It is up to our generation to fight the stigma that comes with having a mental illness.  With that being said, it’s okay to not be okay, and there are ways to ease the fears and blues that come with being in a pandemic.  And in case no one has told you, everyone has their struggles, and your feelings are completely valid.  I wanted to share some ways that may help you cope with the stress of the season:

Put some time in self-care

Make sure you are getting enough sleep each night and give yourself a break if everything is becoming too overwhelming.  You should also eat well-balanced meals and treats that make your body feel good! 

Talk to other people

Whether it be a family member, friend, or another individual, open up to them!  They are most likely struggling as well, and you might be able to help each other.  Sometimes, it feels good to get your words and feelings out there.  If you keep it all pent up, it might all come out at once!  If you don’t want to discuss your issues with anyone, feel free to journal for a more personal alternative.

Complete a relaxing activity!

For me, I love working out or doing yoga and meditation. For you, it might be painting, watching a TV show, or taking a walk.  There are many ways to relax, and it’s important to allow yourself the time to do so. 

Those are some tips for you that have also worked for me! If you feel like you need more help though, reach out to a professional! I found this advice from the CDC website, and I suggest you do more research on your own too! I hope that you can find ways to manage your feelings because there is always a way!

Public health student with a passion for words and making change. (She/Hers) IG: @tredzzzz