This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Finals are here and no matter how much I tell myself this year will be different; I always go through these 7 stages.

1. Relaxing

With classes winding down, I feel so burned out and ready to be done. Before studying, I like to find time for myself and get everything organized and relax a little bit.

2. Studying

Of course, what would finals week be without studying. For me studying has always been rough and hard for me to focus. There are a couple of places on campus that could be the best place for me to study. Check them out in 5 Places to Study.

3. Questioning what I’m doing

Each year it’s always the same, while going over everything I learned in class I always question what I’m doing and why I’m in my major. But I just remember my end goal and that I’m too far in to go back now.

4. Getting distracted

It’s so easy for me to get distracted and off tack with everything. I just take a look at my phone and start playing Disney Emoji Blitz or go looking through Instagram.

5. Stressing out

There isn’t one person I’ve met who isn’t stressed out. So if you’re stressing out and think you’re the only one, you’re not. We’re all stressing out together and it’s fine, everything’s fine.

6. Crying

Sometimes I just need a good cry and then I’m good. It’s okay to cry and normal to cry from being too stressed out.

7. After finals cry

When finals are over, I just get so excited because it’s time to celebrate and eat cookies.

Good luck on finals!

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.