This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you are always on a lookout for some new healthy tips and tricks to better your health or to lose unwanted weight. Recently health shots have been growing more popular and people are trying out new combinations of mixtures for beneficial purposes.

Juice shots claim to be very nutritious. You may pick different ingredients, depending on what benefits you expect from the substance. Ginger, wheatgrass, aloe vera and many other ingredients could be part of your diet. Health gurus recommend to take the shots in the morning, in order to boost your metabolism and burn stored fats more effectively.

Apple Cider Vinegar is known to be very detoxifying but also acidic, thus it is recommended to dilute it in 8 OZ of water. You may mix it with some cayenne pepper, which stimulates your body acids. Your body is known to be naturally the most acidic in the morning, where some claim that this mixture could help to bring your body to more alkaline level and give you that health boost that you are looking for in the morning.

Ginger is good for digestive system and also helps with nausea. Consuming it as a part of your shot will reduce your indigestion and pain. Studies have claimed that consuming ginger will decrease your pain during menstrual cycle. You may mix root of ginger, with juice from half of lemon and couple pinches of cayenne pepper.

Even though all the ingredients above are very natural, abusing it is not recommended. Before starting your health shot journey, I recommend getting to know your body, what you lack and want to see as the result. This could be very beneficial for your health and overall well-being, it will give you the health boost and energy that you may be looking for.

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4

Maryna Khokhlova

PS Behrend '19

Born in Dnipro, Ukraine. Currently live in Erie, PA. Senior at Penn State Behrend International Business BS Marketing BS Alpha Sigma Alpha, Member
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.