This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Spring Break can be a weird or even hard transition, especially after a week full of midterms. Whether you’re traveling, going home, working, or just hanging out, it’s easy to feel like your daily schedule’s out of wack. It’s important to take time for yourself, and here are some reminders to help you carry that out:

1. Don’t stress over homework. Trust that you will get it done.

Remember that you’ve dedicated a couple months now to schoolwork this semster. Getting your homework done is important, but that’s not the purpose of the break. Take this time to recharge! If you’re extremely worried, you could always get homework done at the beginning of break so you can fully focus on resting.

2. You deserve a break.

It’s easy to fill our days with tasks and busywork. But remind yourself: your time is not a commodity and neither is your energy. There is value in doing nothing every once in a while. You don’t need to rush. You don’t need to be anywhere but the present.

3. Doing things for their own sake is valuable.

Is there a book you’ve been wanting to read? A shop or park you’ve wanted to visit? You need no other reason to go for it! There’s no need to make extra excuses for why something’s good for you or why it’ll help you toward a goal. You deserve to do things just because you want to, and the fulfillment will follow from that.

4. Spend time with loved ones

Some of the best sources of happiness are the connections we have with one another. Remember that you’re never alone and that you’re loved. Take the opportunity this break gives you to spend time with those you care about, if you can.