Vegan Holiday Recipes with Rachel Lynn (+ Unveiling of Her New Lyric Video!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

It’s officially Thanksgiving break, collegiettes! With that said, Her Campus Point Park has a treat for you:

We are *thrilled* to introduce powerhouse singer-songwriter, Rachel Lynn. The NYC-based chanteuse is a classically trained vocalist whose original soulful pop music is entwined with her signature evocative lyrics. Her sound resonates with the passion of a singer-songwriter raised on 90’s pop and Motown masterpieces. With the holiday season fast approaching, she was inspired to create an original song about her relationship with veganism and the animal rights movement. She’ll be self-releasing the emotional track and donating the proceeds to Mercy For Animals. In an effort to share her story and support the cause, our chapter is ecstatic to be involved with the exclusive unveiling of her lyric video for the song, “Seeing Red.”

But that’s not all! On top of all of this fabulous music promotion and awareness to animal rights, we’re pleased to share Rachel Lynn’s exclusive op-ed detailing some vegan holiday recipes for you to try this Thanksgiving guaranteed to make mouths water while remaining cruelty-free:

“About five years ago, I angelically moved from a small town in Maryland to the beautiful, harsh, incredible, and unforgiving city of New York. It was an eye-opening experience, and I was abruptly introduced to the extensive possibilities of a healthier and cruelty-free lifestyle through veganism. I’ve been so inspired by this city and its culinary nooks and crannies, and the holiday season is always the perfect time for me to get down and dirty in my own tiny, vegan kitchen.

Having grown up with traditional meat-centric holiday meals and then going vegan meant making a mental switch to a new kind of kinder table spread. The (poor) turkey wasn’t going to be the focus of the meal on Thanksgiving anymore, and I was ecstatic about that, but with the table undergoing this drastic change, I wanted to make sure to create holiday dinners just as satisfying as those I had cherished as a kid.

I’ve compiled a list of ten of my favorite holiday recipes; some vegan twists on traditional non-vegan staples, and some simply delicious cruelty-free additions. From mains to sides to desserts, there are plenty of ways to make an incredible vegan holiday meal. Get cooking and enjoy the holiday season!”

1.  Mashed Potatoes, Post Punk Kitchen

2.  Stuffing, Vegan and Tasty

3.  Green Bean Casserole, VegWeb

4.  Brussels Sprouts, VegKitchen

5.  Herb & “Cheese” Drop Biscuits, Oh She Glows

6.  Glazed Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf, Oh She Glows

7.  Pomegranate & Chickpea Quinoa Stuffed Quash, Keepin’ It Kind

8.  Corn Casserole, Vegansaurus!

9. Pumpkin Pie, Plant-Powered Kitchen

10. Apple Pie, Hell Yeah It’s Vegan!

Did you give one of Rachel Lynn’s recipes a try? Show us on Instagram @HCPointPark! Don’t forget to buy “Seeing Red” to contribute to Mercy For Animals!

Cassandra Stovash is a Fall 2015 graduate of the Sports, Arts & Entertainment Management program at Point Park University. She began involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer at the WVWC chapter, which sparked her passion for the Her Campus mission, and knew she had to bring it to Point Park University when she transferred there in the fall of 2013. After founding the chapter and serving as its editor-in-chief for a year, she moved up the Her Campus ranks to a Chapter Advisor position that's allowed her to work with 15+ chapters across the United States! Being part of Her Campus provided Cassandra with countless opportunities throughout college such as attending Her Conference and College Fashion Week events in New York City. Her most notable highlight was receiving press access at Vans Warped Tour in 2014 & 2015, where she interviewed artists such as Echosmith, Courage My Love, The Summer Set, and PVRIS. Nowadays, Cassandra is continuing her pursuit of a career in the music industry! To get in contact with her, email Cstovash@gmail.com, or follow her on Instagram @cassi_faye.