This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

All of my friends know that music is one my favorite things in the world. Not only am I obsessed with it, I can’t spend a single day without listening to it. One thing I really like to do is to discover new musicians! Sometimes, the artists I come across have been releasing music for years, but I’d never of them.

Here’s a list of artists I discovered this week:

1. Nikki Yanofsky is a jazz-pop, singer-songwriter from Canada. Her career began in 2008, and her latest album was released in 2014. I’m patiently awaiting her new album that’ll drop this year! In the meantime, I’m listening to “Little Secret” on repeat, which features her own songs, as well as covers.
  2. dodie is an English YouTuber, author, and singer-songwriter. She plays the piano and ukulele and has a very soothing voice. She began her Vevo channel in 2016, and hasn’t released any albums, but has a few EPs. You can check out her YouTube channel here
  3. AJR is a New-York-City-based indie-pop band that was formed by three brothers. They have a few successful songs, such as “Sober Up,” and “Weak.” The band is named after the initials of the brother’s first names: Adam, Jack, and Ryan. You’ll definitely find me at their concert when they play in New York!
  4. Bea Miller is a 19-year-old American singer, songwriter, and actress. She was on The X Factor’s (US) second season and came in 9th place. Her debut album released in 2014, and she’s opened for Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, and Selena Gomez. At first, I didn’t really like her, but I recently “rediscovered” her, and think her music is amazing. You should listen to S.L.U.T.

Go ahead and give these incredible artists a listen! Each one has their own style. 

Her Campus Pace Contributor