Wellness > Mental Health

Stay Mindful While You Scroll: The Best Mental Health Instagram Accounts to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

I always find myself going on social media when I need a break from stress, deadlines and busyness of life. But, when I go on social media and only see highlight reels, I end up feeling even more stressed.

So, I started following accounts centered around mental health and positivity. I found that filling my social media feed with posts from these wellness-centered accounts made me feel better about myself, gave me tips on how to adopt a healthier mindset towards my life and educated me on the stigmatization of mental health.

Following positive accounts can help if you need reminders to practice self-love, tips to support yourself in your mental wellness journey or you want to educate yourself on mental illness and how to advocate for those who struggle with it.

I encourage you to follow some of the accounts listed below:

@RealDepressionProject

This account provides detailed infographics on mental illness and shares the experiences of those suffering from it.

@NamiCommunicate

National Alliance on Mental Illness runs this account to share educational blog posts, inspirational infographics and information about the mental health resources that NAMI created.

@HappinessProject

This account has a mix of both lighthearted posts of encouragement and more serious advice on how to cope with difficult mental health struggles. Each post features the brand’s memorable smiling stick figure icon.

@MentalHealthAmerica

A nonprofit organization known as Mental Health America runs this account and it provides a collection of mental illness resources and educational tools.

@Dr.Christina_

This account shares insights into the stigmatization of mental health care and offers advice on how to have conversations about mental illness.

@Sophia.Joan.Short

In artistic ways, this account presents inspirational words and advice to help followers through their daily struggles.

@Theopeninvite

This account shares short but moving quotes of encouragement.

@Thehappyslothclub

Through an aesthetic feed, this account is filled with positive, reassuring posts.

@SelfCare4Yu

Looking for advice on how to deal with common struggles regarding relationships, self-love and difficult emotions? This account is perfect for you!

I am a third-year student at The Ohio State University majoring in Health Sciences and minoring in Dance and Professional Writing.