Morning Self-Care: Positive Affirmation Words

The easiest and best way to practice self-care right when you wake up, is by choosing a positive affirmation word to guide you through the day. 

This can be a word you associate with happiness, confidence, strength, or whatever feeling you need that day. Positive affirmation words serve their purpose by keeping your mindset in check throughout the day. 

Picking your word: Doing a quick reflection before you get out of bed to thoughtfully pick your word takes less than 5 minutes of your day. 

Today I was anticipating a day full of stress, so I picked the word “Strong”. For me, this positive word is empowering because it reminds me that I am strong enough to push through the day, mentally and physically. 

PRO TIP: You can start filling a jar with positive affirmation words on little pieces of paper. This will make picking a word easier for those who have a tough time reflecting as soon as they wake up. Decorate it how you like (and get some word inspo from the list at the end of this article)!

Applying your word: Actually applying the word is the easy part! Simply remind yourself of the word when you need it!

I began my morning by going to the gym, I felt pretty low energy as soon as I got there. My word popped right into my head “Strong”, and I was instantly motivated!! I actually ended up having a killer workout too!! 

Later in the day when I was struggling to get through a tough in-class assignment, I reminded myself that my feeling of being strong, makes me confident! This feeling gave me the confidence i needed to finish the assignment to the best of my ability! 

List of Positive Affirmation Words: words I complied overtime and I encourage you to start your own collection of words that make you feel positive!

Strength

Courage

Energy

Open

Light

Love

Powerful

Confident

Important

Brave

Thriving

Energetic

Glorious

Happiness

Resilient 

Fearless

Potential

Beautiful

Mindful

Capable

Compassionate

Limitless

Empowered

Control

Magnificent

Deserving

Positive

Appreciative 

Spirit 

Vibrant

Healthy

Connected

Supported

Centered

Aligned

Smart

Victorious

Determined

Valuable

Peaceful

Wise

Extraordinary 

Humble

Aware

Authentic

Accountable

Kind

Progress

Patience