Wellness

How to Stay Stress Free During Sorority Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With sorority recruitment coming up for a lot of girls on campus, it can be hard to remain calm during the hectic week. These tips and tricks can help you manage your stress and schedules during this crazy busy time.

1. Have a Self-Care night:

Take a nice bubble bath or indulge in a face mask. Taking time for yourself is totally okay and helps you reduce the stress of everything going on. During recruitment being surrounded by hundreds of people a day can really take a toll on our lives. Celebrating yourself and taking a minute alone can help you relax after a long day of classes and recruitment. 

1. Get your homework done ahead of time: 

If you’re like me procrastination and putting homework off is something that can be tempting especially during the first couple of weeks back when you are still trying to get back not the groove of things. Try and get your homework done a head of time and plan to have an open schedule during the recruitment week. It will feel a lot better knowing you don’t have to worry about your math homework after one of the days of recruitment.

1. Embrace your surroundings:

Spend the time that you are recruiting getting closer to your fellow sorority sisters. This time can help you bond with the people around you that you might not know very well but want to know better. Take time to enjoy the little moments you have with each other. It can lead to lifelong friendships and amazing stories shared. 

1. Meal Prep:

With long days ahead of you it can be hard to stay energized and happy throughout the entire time. Try and pack your lunches and dinners a head of time so you don’t have to worry about what you’re eating for the day. Easy meals like sandwiches and salads are super easy to make and will keep you pumped up to take on the rest of your day. 

1. Limit your caffeine intake and catch up on sleep:

It can be super easy to think that coffee and red bulls are the answer to all your problems during this tiring week but try and limit your caffeine intake to one or two cups a day. Along with that get some much needed rest and go to bed early. Netflix and Hulu are super tempting after a busy day but limit your screen time and catch up on your beauty rest instead. 

1. Enjoy the week:

Most of all it’s important to enjoy your time and grow stronger connections with the people around you. Go into the week with a positive attitude and know that it will be over in no time. Your experience will be a lot better if you have a upbeat attitude during the week instead of a negative attitude. Your mood reflects on the others around you so share good vibes and live in the moment. 

Hello! My name is Shelby Wieczorek! I am a senior at the University of Oregon and part of the Her Campus team. I am also the CC for the Her Campus chapter at Oregon. I am from Las Vegas, NV and am a double major in Advertising and Dance. I have been dancing since I was three years old and am also on the University of Oregon's hip-hop club dance team, Jam Squad. In my free time, I like listening to music and shopping with friends. I love Romantic Comedy movies and petting dogs.
The official Her Campus Oregon account