Campus Celeb: Mark Lewis, in memoriam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

On Sunday, December 7th, the University of Oregon community lost one of the most amazing storytellers of our time, part-time instructor Mark Lewis. Renowned for his wide range and over 40 years of media experience, Lewis won two Emmys for his show World Pictures, published three books, performed on the CBS hit Northern Exposure, and was featured on the Jay Leno Show. His memorable voice is immortalized on the Pirates of the Caribbean Disney ride, and he additionally worked with a variety of companies such as Microsoft, Universal Studios, and ABC TV. In the School of Journalism and Communication, most students remember him lovingly as an amazing teacher of Presentation Skills, a workshop class to empower students through public speaking. Lewis also sang, played recorder, and above all, told the best stories. He will be missed. 

Photo by School of Journalism and Communication

You can visit the online memorial and light a candle for Mark Lewis http://mark.lewis.muchloved.com/

Heather is a senior at the University of Oregon, majoring in advertising. An aspiring copywriter, her dream job would be screenwriting for TV, but for the meantime she works as an office assistant, ad director for Envision magazine, freelance graphic designer, and her favorite, campus correspondent at Her Campus Oregon. She hails from Lake Oswego, Oregon, and loves the quirky side of Oregon: its unique people, unpredictable weather, and amazing music scene. She's a cat lover, avid black coffee drinker, and TV and movie addict.