DIY Brown Sugar and Honey Body Scrub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Photo by Katherine Borchers

Start off spring term by making your own cheap and easy beauty products! This delicious body scrub is made from all natural ingredients and is a great way to help treat yourself in between study breaks.

Ingredients:

Photo by Katherine Borchers

•  ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbspn olive oil
  • 2 tspn honey
  • ½ tspn vanilla extract

Process:

Photo by Katherine Borchers

• Mix all the ingredients together until you get an even consistancy. Feel free to mix and match your ratios. Be careful not to add too much olive oil — it will leave your skin feeling slimy.
  • Apply the mixture to skin in the bath or shower. This is a great scrub to use before shaving to help get rid of dead skin, making for a smoother shave (not to mention that it makes your skin smell delicous!).

Photo by Katherine Borchers

For super silky-smooth legs just in time for the sunny season, try using this scrub in-between shaves. Do your normal shave routine, exfoliate with the body scrub, and then shave again. This will help get rid of any dead skin that stayed behind after that first shave. Once you use this method, you will never want to go back. Plus side? It has all natural and edible ingredients so you can take a taste of this sweet-smelling (and tasting) scrub!

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.