Wellness > Health

My Experience Taking a Cardio Kickboxing Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Working out at the gym can get really boring really fast. It’s so easy to get into a routine of using the same machines every time you go to the gym. I learned that doing this isn’t good for your muscles because you’re only over-working the same muscles, & doing nothing for your other muscles.

With that being said, I wanted to switch my workouts up a bit so I started going to a kickboxing class. This class is offered right on campus two days a week so it’s super convenient & free! Going into my first class I had no idea what to expect, but I knew it wasn’t going to be a walk in the park. & boy was I right. When you take your first kickboxing class, it’s like a wakeup call to every single muscle in your body. For an hour straight, the instructor makes sure your body never stops moving (minus a few water breaks of course). However, afterwards you feel AMAZING. For me personally, it’s much more fulfilling than finishing a 60-minute workout on any machine at the gym. 

With that being said, I am now addicted to my kickboxing class. I look forward to it every week! You don’t have to ditch the gym equipment completely. I still work out at the gym weekly but adding an exercise class like kickboxing to your weekly routine can be beneficial to all of your muscles. No experience is needed to attend a class like this, & I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a change in their workout routine.

HCXO, Jess

Jess is from Albany, New York and is currently a sophmore at SUNY Oneonta studying psychology. in her free time she loves to dance, go to concerts, and write! Follow on instagram and twitter (@jess_carlson_)