rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

The 5 Ways to Help Combat the Stress of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Now that the semester is in full swing, we are all scrambling to do assignments, study and much more. Here are a few things that help me out:

1. Find a place that works for you.

Whether it be the library, Starbucks, or your room, finding a place where you are comfortable and can focus is key to getting work done. You may have to try out different spots until you find the right one, but once you do stick with it. This will help you keep focus while studying and doing homework.

2. Have a study snack.

Having a snack with you while you study can help you focus. Having your favorite snack or drink with you will provide a little pick me up and keep you energized while tackling all your assignments.

3. Take breaks!!

We can all get so caught up in work that it seems like we even forget to breathe. Mental health is so important so it’s good to take a step away– from all that work every once and a while and take a deep breath. Make some time to hang out with friends, get food, have a movie night, do something fun and relax, to give your brain a little break.

4. Study with friends.

Get a study group together and do homework with friends. Having someone there helps take the stress away a bit and reminds you that you’re not alone. Having someone there to bounce your ideas off and ask questions is a great way to help you study.

5. Keep up with your health!

It’s easy to get caught up in your work and forget about your health sometimes. It is important to make sure you’re getting some sleep and drinking your water. After all, your brain cannot function well if you’re not taking care of yourself!

HCXO,

Mary Kate 

Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!