0238BE11 7C4A 4B8A A399 9728AD4F09B5 1 Rose LeskoJPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
0238BE11 7C4A 4B8A A399 9728AD4F09B5 1 Rose LeskoJPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Rose Lesko

Your New Morning Go-To, the Pumpkin Chai Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

The Pumpkin Chai Latte is like drinking a delicious fall candle. Although this is not an actual menu item at Starbucks, but one they should seriously consider adding, most Baristas will know exactly what you are talking about. Take the spicy, but sweet taste of chai and mix in some pumpkin spice and Voila it’s a fall dream in a cup. 

My year-round go-to is always an iced Chai Latte, but this fall twist is a game-changer.

Just a friendly warning: depending on how you phrase it, I have had them make me a Pumpkin Spice Latte with chai- not the same thing! The PSL has espresso shots while the usual Chai Latte does not!

Here’s the order:

Venti Iced Chai Tea Latte

3 Pumps Pumpkin Spice

Almond Milk

(Optional 1-2 shots of espresso)

Shockingly, the Almond Milk makes a serious difference. 

The Pumpkin Chai Latte is definitely a treat yourself drink. A sugary concoction that will make quite a dent in your wallet. For those of you who choose to skip the line and DIY your drinks at home here is the recipe:

Photo by Rose Lesko

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Simple Syrup

1 Teaspoon Honey (Optional) 

2.5 Tablespoons Pacific Chai Vanilla Latte

8 oz Almond Milk (Non-Sweet and hot)

Cinnamon on top

The recipe is super simple! Heat 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and stir in 2.5 tbsp of instant chai, 2 tbsp of pumpkin simple syrup, 1 tsp of honey (optional); personally, I like my drinks super sweet! Then to finish off the drink sprinkle some cinnamon on top! 

This is a delicious, sweet cup of fall joy. I hope you enjoy the Pumpkin Chai Latte!

Want to keep reading about pumpkin spice and fall? Check out these articles:

https://www.hercampus.com/school/cornell/history-and-mystery-pumpkin-spice

https://www.hercampus.com/school/uga/7-reasons-pumpkin-spice-rules-fall

https://www.hercampus.com/school/dickinson/my-favorite-fall-activities  

Rose Lesko

Ole Miss '20

Marketing student at Ole Miss. Originally from New Jersey. I love all things coffee and food. I live for cities and museums! Follow my food instagram @rcleskofood
Taylor is a senior at the University of Mississippi. She is a Physics and Biology major minoring in Chemistry and Italian. Taylor is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ole Miss and was a founding member of the Ole Miss chapter. Taylor also serves as the Treasurer of Society of Physics Students and mentor to 33 wonderful transfer students at her university. She absolutely loves to dress up, no matter the occasion. Also an avid cosplayer, she loves attending comic conventions and showing off her Wonder Woman cosplay as well as her Raven costume. Taylor loves to write about her personal experiences and how-to articles.