yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

My Favorite Fall Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

It’s my favorite season, fall! The temperature has finally dropped, which means I can wear my comfy sweaters and scarves all the time. There are so many great things to do in fall. Here are a few of my favorites!

Apple picking

I love to go apple picking. It’s so nice to get out in the fresh air and get some delicious fruit at the same time! Looking for an orchard near by? Check out Paulus Orchards located in Dillsburg, PA.

Baking

After you get some apples, you can bake them! There’s something really comforting about the smell of baked goods wafting through your apartment. You could make apple pie or snickerdoodles or brownies (can you tell I love dessert??) This activity is fun and tasty!

Corn Mazes

I feel like corn mazes can be underrated but I love them. I love solving puzzles and corn mazes are just a giant puzzle. It’s a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Check out Fields of Adventure in Aspers, PA for an Australian themed maze!

Hiking

I love watching the leaves change colors because it can lead to some breath taking views. Going outside to watch this beautiful process can be really rewarding and I highly recommend it. A great hiking trail is Pole Steeple located in Gardners, PA. 

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.