Wellness

How to Treat Yourself Like a Halloween Queen or King

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

As Halloween draws closer I would like to introduce this as a time to mentally relax in order to truly get the most out of this spooky season. Midterms were tough and the stress from them really makes it hard to relax and get into the Halloween spirit, so I have compiled a list of relaxing and spooky things to ease your mind.

Watch a Halloween Movie

I don’t know about you guys, but getting involved in a movie like Hocus Pocus really helps take my mind off of things. Watching it on the couch snuggling up with your favorite person, blanket, or pet makes it 100X better.

Make S’mores

You don’t need a fire to make this delicious treat. You can simply place one marshmallow and one square of chocolate on two face up graham cracker squares, microwave it for around 20 seconds (play around with the time as needed) and BOOM! Quick and easy s’mores.

Take a Hot Bath with a Fall-Scented Soap

Nothing gets you in the spooky mood more than surrounding yourself with the smell of fall, and nothing relaxes you more than a long soak. For the ultimate relaxing night, do this entire list in one night starting with the bath.

S’mores Recipe: Adapted from the Honey Maid Graham Cracker recipe and personal trial and error

Ayo Williams

Ole Miss '20

Ayo Williams is a junior English (Creative Writing) major and Theater minor. She loves to read and write and hopes to one day write for television. Her favorite pastimes are playing with her dog Princess and hanging out with friends.
Taylor is a senior at the University of Mississippi. She is a Physics and Biology major minoring in Chemistry and Italian. Taylor is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ole Miss and was a founding member of the Ole Miss chapter. Taylor also serves as the Treasurer of Society of Physics Students and mentor to 33 wonderful transfer students at her university. She absolutely loves to dress up, no matter the occasion. Also an avid cosplayer, she loves attending comic conventions and showing off her Wonder Woman cosplay as well as her Raven costume. Taylor loves to write about her personal experiences and how-to articles.