This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

This week has been rough for a lot of people. With the shooting in Florida and the disarray the U.S. seems to be in when it comes to changing gun laws, it can be really hard sometimes to be able to breathe and stay positive. So here are 5 gifs featuring chinchillas that will hopefully make you smile, because I really really want a chinchilla and they make me smile.

1. This dude chilling with his homies.

Honestly they all look like the cutest gang out there, and I’m not mad about it.

2. This nugget who just wants some love from you.

Look how excited that fluff is to be getting pets!

3. This dust loving fiend.

This makes me want to take a dust bath honestly.

4. This talented acrobat!

Proposition: chinchilla Olympics, where we just watch chinchillas be cute and everyone wins.

5. This strong independent woman (I think? I don’t know chinchilla anatomy) who don’t need no man.

Look at her babies! Look at them! And her tail! Ah!

Stay tuned next week for when I fixate on a new weird animal and use this platform as an excuse to look up gifs of them.

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.