kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Carolyn V on Unsplash

With midterms in full swing and finals creeping, no, sprinting at you full speed, life can get overwhelming fast. In order for you to be your best, you should have those small pockets of joy that help you get one foot in front of the other.

College budgets and seemingly the never-ending thought of “I need to study” can quickly make one think they can’t do any self care. However, there are cheap options that can easily help you get back to your fresh self and only take the time of a study break. This list isn’t exhaustive, but is rather a place for students to remember to take care of themselves even if for just a few minutes.

Sheet Masks

Now, these bad boys do cost anywhere around $2-$5, but they are much easier and cleaner to handle than clay masks. They are a one time use but they’re extremely effective at making your skin feel lighter and fresher, and you can wear them while you take a power nap or continue to write out that essay.

Hot tea, hot chocolate, hot cappuccino… etc!

Hot drinks help us calm down and give a sense of security. They don’t need to be anything fancy or expensive. A two dollar box of tea bags is plenty enough to spend to get a quick soothing solution when you feel like your head will explode.

Photo by Stefen Tan on Unsplash

Cuddles

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in handling everything we forget there are people and pets around who don’t mind taking a minute for a nice hug. Whether it’s your significant other, friend, family or pet, you’ll feel better after a nice cuddle.

Make a gratitude list

When I get overwhelmed, it helps to take a minute and remember the things that I’m happy to have in my life, and lightly reminds me of what I’m doing this for.

Looking at nature

Taking the time for a walk, or even looking out the window for a bit is a nice way to get out your own headspace. When the weather is nice, it helps to do your work outside. It’s been proven that looking at plantlife, or even a picture of nature calms humans down.

Photo by Marek Szturc on Unsplash

Make happy sticky notes

Writing little quotes, nice things about yourself or positive thoughts and placing them around yourself makes your workspace a more motivating and inspiring place to do your best. Giving yourself some helpful reinforcement makes the time feel a little better when you’re cheering yourself on.

Elosia Pewitt

Oklahoma '22

Freshman at OU, AGD member, tea lover, 19 years old. Instagram: @the_elosia
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!