stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Here’s a Way to Empower Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Calling all superheroes: there will be a Wonder Woman 5K hosted by Riddle & Bloom at the Colvin Recreation Center on Saturday at 9 a.m.

Runners will have to register for the race, and they will be able to pick up their packet for the race, including their shirt and bib number at the Colvin on Friday, or before the race on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.

The race is open to anyone and everyone.

The Wonder Woman 5K will also host a pre- and post-race expo that offers food, merchandise, music and more. Also included in the race is a professional photographer, whose photos of each participant will be available for download a few days after the race.

Ladies, I’m all about female empowerment. And it’s never too early to start working on healthier habits, like running. Not only that, but you get to wear a cape! Here are my top three reasons to go:

You get to help a cause.

Not only are we running to empower our fellow women, but we are also running to find our inner superhero. This can represent a lot to anyone, especially to someone who is ready to come out of his or her shell and show who’s really boss! We could all stand to show a little support for the women in our lives, or to cheer on the women we’ve become, so why not run?

The merchandise is amazing.

The pre- and post-race expo offers merchandise—-some of which is by NUYU, a high quality athletic wear company that specializes in styles tailored to colleges. Participants will be able to get 20% off of all NUYU items sold, so if you’re in it just for the shopping, look no further!

You have an insane amount of fun.

I mean, come on. You get to look like a superhero while running a 5K. No one can change my mind when I say that is irrefutably the coolest thing I’ve heard in awhile. Sometimes, looking the part is what it takes to act the part and feel the part. If you look cool, you feel cool. And when you’re running for a good cause, and looking amazing while you’re doing it, there’s no way you won’t have a great time. It’s all about what you make of it, and this event makes it hard to look bad.

Overall, I think this is something everyone should do, or at least consider doing, because it works toward a good goal: boosting up women and working to bring out the superhero in us all.

So, I guess the question becomes: are you tough enough for the challenge?

Writer at HerCampus OKState and Co-Host of "Pokes Who Prod" at KXZY