This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

All these assignments, reading and classes can get exhausting very quickly. Especially if you’ve been doing homework for hours you are bound to take some breaks. But not all breaks are equal! Some breaks can end up making us more tired, some can make us sleepy and some can distract us so much that we don’t get back to work! How many times have you taken a break from homework to watch one episode on Netflix, but then lost all the will to get back to study? So here are a few ways you can take a break that will really help you calm down and get back to studies with a refreshed mind.

1. Try some coloring

Say whatever you want about adult coloring books but they’re great for when you just have 10-15 minutes on your hand. You don’t have to finish a whole page, just do a little bit of the design. While drawing can give us anxiety because of all the pressure we put on ourselves to do a perfect job, coloring is easy – there’s not a lot of mistakes you can make. All you need is a coloring book and some color pencils. I’ve been using this one since last summer and I love the variety in the designs. Don’t want to commit to a whole book? Just print off a few designs form the internet and start coloring.

2. Go for a sheet mask

When it comes to skincare we are usually too lazy to do anything other than washing our face. But 15 minutes is just enough time for a quick skincare ritual. Just buy a box of sheet masks and whenever you have a short break try one. These masks are loaded in essence which is amazing for your skin. There is also a variety of masks available online which target specific skin needs. An insider tip: when it comes to sheet masks I’ve found that Korean beauty brands have the best (and very often) the most affordable ones. If you’re new to sheet masks this pack has a variety of them. This one will also give you loads of cute Snapchats.

3. Try some yoga

While most exercises are lengthy (and sweaty) affairs yoga is something that can be done anytime, anywhere. If you only have 15 minutes, try doing the sun salutations. My dad has been doing it every morning for years and he is glowing! Here is a video explaining how to do it. Once you learn all the poses you don’t need the instructions anymore. You can do the sun salutations in the morning, outdoors after sun rise for the best results. But you can also do them whenever you need to unwind.

4. Read for pleasure

I’m a bookworm but in college, it can be hard to make time for leisure reading. Also, if you read textbooks often then reading is the last thing you want to do when you take a break. But reading something that isn’t intimidating can help take your mind off of all the studying. Maybe reading a tome like IQ84 by Haruki Murakami may not be your cup of tea, but there are several other things you can read. When I only have a few minutes, I enjoy reading poetry. The Essential Rumi is filled with short poems that put me in a positive state of mind. Have an hour-long break between classes? The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas is my all-time favorite short story. You can find it in this anthology of iconic science-fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin.

Purva was born and brought up in Mumbai, India and is now a graduate journalism student at Ohio University. She is interested in women's magazines and issues of diversity in the media.