4 Healthy Resolutions To Make And Keep Up Throughout 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

2020 is finally here! Therefore, it is a fresh opportunity to begin anew. It is common for individuals to make new year’s resolutions, keep them up for a few weeks, then drop them completely. If you plan on making a resolution, or lifestyle change this new year, make sure your goal is attainable. Can’t think of your own resolution? No worries, I have supplied you with a few healthy resolutions to make and ACTUALLY keep up this year! 

Hydration

According to usgs.gov, the adult human body is made up of 60% water. Therefore, it only makes sense that we have to stay hydrated. In fact, there are so many health and beauty benefits to hydrating. Water not only cleanses your body, but it also keeps your skin rejuvenated. In my personal experience, since drinking more water, my skin has cleared up and I don’t have the craving to eat as much. If you need a good recommendation on a reusable water bottle (let’s save the planet ladies) check out brands like Funus, Nalgene, or Contigo. You can buy their bottles on Amazon here!

Check up on loved ones

Family and friends are extremely important; they are your support system. Because your friends and family do things for you, make sure you are doing things for them as well. Check up on the people you care about. Life can get hectic, but one amazing resolution to keep up this year is to stay connected to those you love! This can be done through phone calls, facetime, or even just shooting your friend a nice text.

Stay Positive

Being negative is SO 2019. It is a new year and a new opportunity to be optimistic and go after what you want. Are you looking for a full-time job? Or an internship? Did you consider telling that guy you are crushing on that you like him? Whatever you want to achieve this year, keep your head held high and go for it! If rejection occurs, just try again. You will find what you need and want eventually!

Schedule rest for yourself

Between balancing school, clubs, work, fitness, and a social life remember to give yourself rest days. Managing time can be difficult when in college; therefore, you will be a lot more likely to get rest if you schedule it into your day. Tell yourself, between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. you are taking some YOU time. Or maybe, listen to your favorite song with your eyes closed to cleanse your mind between a study sesh. If you are into fitness, make sure you are taking off days because on your off days is when your muscles recover. Work hard, but do not push yourself over the edge this year! Hard work calls for needed rest breaks.

Darian Berdysz is an Ohio University graduate. While at school, she studied Communications, Marketing, and Social Media at the Scripps College of Communications. She was also involved with Thread Magazine, Ohio Multimedia Society was a Communication Executive for University Program Council and the Vice President of Students Professionals of Communication Studies. Darian enjoys dancing and singing at every chance she gets, traveling, and spending time with her friends.