Our Favorite Recipe of the Month: February Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

February is the month of love…and chocolate. Instead of reaching for your usual chocolate bar or a pint of chocolate ice cream, experiment with different recipes like Tasty’s Chocolate Hazelnut Mug Cakes. With just three simple ingredients, a mug, and a microwave, you can have this delicious dessert in front of you in no time and zero hassle. The recipe yields two servings – share it with a significant other, friend, or your late-night-snacking self!

Ingredients:

1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, divided

2 large eggs

¼ cup all-purpose flour

Preparation:

1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ¾ cup (225 g) chocolate hazelnut spread and the eggs.

2. Fold in the flour.

3. Evenly distribute into two mugs.

4. Microwave each mug for 2 minutes.

5. Cool for 5 minutes.

6. Frost with remaining chocolate hazelnut spread and serve warm. You can also experiment with different frosting flavors like vanilla or strawberry, or top with whipped cream, mini marshmallows, a drizzle of honey, sprinkles, or even a fruit compote if you’re feeling extra fancy.

7. Enjoy!

You can find an instructional video for the Chocolate Hazelnut Mug Cakes here. Now snuggle up on the couch and enjoy!

Image Sources: 1 / 2

Carol Wu is a freshman in the Liberal Studies Core Program, studying away in Washington, DC. When she's not busy Netflixing, she can be found at Starbucks, sipping on a sweet, sweet, icy Refresher. In the near future, she hopes to give in to her wanderlust cravings and make the world her home.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.