This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Do you love ‘procrasti-baking from uni work? Want to treat your housemates (or yourself) with some baked goods? Isabel shares her brownie recipe that is delicious every time…

Just in time for Christmas, here’s my favourite brownie recipe!

Ingredients:

500g chocolate (I recommend Tescos chocolate)

75g butter

3 eggs

175g sugar

175g self-raising flour

Pinch of salt

1tsp vanilla essence

Makes 18-24

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius, (170 for fan). Grease and line a baking tray measuring 20×28 cms or similar.

2.  Roughly chop 400g of chocolate. Melt the remaining chocolate, along with the butter, in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool.

3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth, then gradually beat in the melted chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and salt over the mixture and then fold in, along with the chopped chocolate and vanilla essence.

4. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen. The centre should be just firm to the touch (when cooked, the mixture will be very soft under the crust- it becomes firm during cooling). Leave to cool in the tin. Turn out and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to one week. The brownies can also be frozen.

Isabel Sharp

Nottingham '21

I am a second year university student studying English. In my free time,I enjoy running and spending time with my dog!