This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.
The holidays are kind of the best thing ever. It’s the one time of year where we get to gorge ourselves on food made with extra special care without fear of judgement from anyone but the band of those temperamental jeans. However, for some of us, the cooking part of the whole thing isn’t a plus. Here are a few easy holiday ‘zerts that even Betty Crocker would approve of.

Honestly, these are more about presentation than actual culinary acumen. These are also awesome to make with high school friends before a reunion or younger family members. Not to mention, they’re adorable.

These were my favorite growing up. Opening the oven to the melted mints blew my mind. Every. Single. Time.  If you have cookie cutters, you can melt yourself your very own edible Christmas tree decorations. They’re also a great stocking stuffer or a treat to cheer you up when you have to take down the tree, sigh. 

If you can use a cookie cutter and not burn sugar cookies, you can make this next food craft. The real skill is in the decorating and anything with the word ‘ugly’ in the description doesn’t exactly need Michelangelo level artistry. A lot of places sell kits for these ones and the link has some pretty intense decorating guides. But I think these cookies are best made with friends, a good sense of humor and low expectations. 

These might be the easiest on the list. You don’t even need an oven. These guys are perfect for holiday potlucks and even better for forgetful people like me. The recipe in the link shows you how to make heads, but if you’re feeling fancy, try using a few toothpicks to stack your donut holes and give your snowmen bodies!

These are just a few suggestions for easy holiday baking. Remember, as long as they’re not burnt, someone will eat them. Happy Holidays! 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!
Images 1, 2, 3, 4
Victoria is a Junior Political Science major and Journalism minor hailing from Atlanta, Georgia. As you'd expect, she loves writing about politics in a tireless attempt to help people realize that politics matter. When she's not standing on her soapbox, she enjoys music, food, football, and reminding people to check their privilege. In the winter months, you can find her near the closest heater listening to country songs and counting the days until break.   
Sara Spitt

Notre Dame

Meet HCND's current Campus Coordinator and Editor-in-Chief! Originally from outside of Chicago, Sara is a Senior Peace Studies, Theology, and Italian major at Notre Dame (yes, that is three majors; no, she doesn't have any free time). When she isn't painting her nails, Sara enjoys cooking vegetarian friendly dishes, taking pictures for The Dome yearbook, and reading for fun. Sara began writing for Her Campus Notre Dame in May of 2013 and quickly fell in love with the site and it's staff! After writing for the inagural editorial staff (shout-out to AnnaLee, Katie, and Lex!) for a semester, Sara decided to branch out and become an editor. She particularly enjoys doing interviews and sharing travel expereinces, as well as connecting with the HCND reader network through thought-provoking social commentaries. If you like what you read from her on a weekly basis, this self-proclaimed "Queen of Social Media" has several accounts for you to follow - twitter, instagram (@saraspit22), tumblr, and a blog!