rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

De-Stresser Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

As we round out the third week of classes of spring semester, you may have noticed that your professor are actually starting to expect real work from you. These expectations naturally blossom into stress. So this week, I’d thought I’d share some of my favorite de-stresser songs for all the different kinds of stress that we deal with. Often, stress comes creeping in when we need it least. Namely, when we have a lot of classwork to do. For those times, I’d recommend classic, smooth jams. Like these:

Never Fade by Jack Johnson

You can never go wrong with a little Jack Johnson… or a whole lot of Jack Johnson. He has a chill vibe that’s hard to deny. I just recently rediscovered this song and I can’t get enough of it.

Amber by 311

In keeping with the beachy Jack Johnson vibe, reach back into the early 2000s and rediscover this gem.

Like Real People Do by Hozier

I’m sure you’ve heard “Take Me to Church”  a time or two, but if you haven’t dove into Hozier’s other music yet you’re missing out.  Just go to their Spotify page and hit shuffle. Trust me, you’ll be happy you did, and much calmer at that.

I’m A Mess by Ed Sheeran

Ahh, Ed Sheeran. Of course, he was going to make this list.

This Is the Thing by Fink

Okay this is slightly embarrassing, but in light Valentine’s Day coming up I’ll embarrass myself for the greater good.  If you like this song, I’d recommend checking out the soundtracks from different Nicholas Spark’s films. It’s some of the best study music I’ve ever found. Specifically, Safe Haven’s or Dear John’s (which is where this song came from).

Okay, so maybe these slow jams aren’t your de-stressing style. If you just want to let go for a few minutes, these songs might do the trick, but still let you go back to work instead of feeling the need to rage.

Drinks After Work by Toby Keith

Are you looking forward to Salsa’s or Finni’s this Wednesday, but it’s only Monday morning? This song will keep you going until Wednesday.

Into the country vibe, but are looking for something a little stronger? Try one of these:

Not Ready to Make Nice by Dixie Chicks

I’m Getting’ Stoned by Eric Church

Hell on Heels by Pistol Annies

Country not your thing? Maybe these are more your style.

Good Ol’ Days by The Script

Animals by Maroon 5

To top off this mish-mash playlist, I thought I’d end with a song every Notre Dame student can re-focus to…

Yes, that is a 50 min You Tube video with the entire Rudy soundtrack. Just have a min? Listen to the “Main Title” song once, and you’ll remember why all the stress is worth it to be a part of the University of Notre Dame.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Image: 1

From the Beach to the Bend! I am a Junior Political Science major at the University of Notre Dame originally from Laguna Beach, CA (...yes, like the show). I am minoring in Constitutional Studies and Energy Studies, both of which are much more exciting than they sound I promise! In typical California style, I am obsessed with fish tacos and all things eco-chic! And I am constantly dancing or choreographing in my head!