This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Exercise is a great way to increase energy, boost mood and (sometimes) it can even be fun! However, with the recent construction and large crowds at SPAC, it can be a hassle at times. Luckily, Evanston offers a great selection of alternative workout studios. Many of these recently popular companies hold classes for beginners through experts and are a great way to get your workout in while trying something new.

1. Barre Code

Barre Code is a newer addition to the variety of workout studios in Evanston. The studios are lined with ballerina barres and the classes feature female geared excercise routines that focus on toning and building muscel. They also offer a variety of cardio classes, which include a faster pace and upbeat dance moves.

2. Exhale Yoga

While yoga is not a new form of exercise, it still reigns amoung the most popular. Yoga is perfect for those looking to relax or de-stress, especially when you need a break from school. Exhale in Evanston offers a varitey of classes ranging from chill to challenging. If yoga isn’t your thing, Exhale also offers barre, cardio, and HIIT classes as well.

3. CrossFit

Perhaps the most extreme of the recently popular exercise trends, CrossFit features a wide range of classes geared towards those who desire a high intensity workout.

4. OrangeTheory

OrangeTheory is unique in the sense that it focuses primarily on heart rate-based interval training in addition to monitoring the amount of calories burned per session. Classes feature cardio-orientented tasks, such as treadmills and rowing machines.

5. Soul Cycle

While not located in Evanston, Soul Cycle has several studios in Chicago (only a short train/Uber ride away). Arguably the ~trendiest~ of the workout stuidos, Soul Cycle entials a rigorous bike routine to the beat of various artists and genres. They often host themed classes, which feature a ride to a particular artist.

So, next time you find yourself dressed in workout clothes with no motivation to leave the couch, try to mix up your workout!

Images via:

1. sealedwithglitter.blogspot.com

2. chiorganicgirls.com

3. crossfitoniria.com

4. www.orangetheoryfitness.com

5. www.downtownmagazinenyc.com