This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Although we may not be having the ideal Spring Break, the HerCampus Spring Survival Kit is here to put us in all a better mood

Hallmark Cards

Though we are living in a digital age where a text can be sent with the touch of a button, I still love sending cards to my loved ones as a cute surprise. In this time of isolation and social distance, cards are a simple and thoughtful way to reach out to our friends and family. Unlike a text that can come off as a bit casual and common, receiving a card in the mail adds a sweet layer of love. What I like about these Hallmark cards is the variety of cute sayings paired with colourful drawings, like “Life is tough but so are you” with a pink color scheme, or “Thank You” surrounded by flower doodles. With these artsy Hallmark cards, I for one am feeling inspired to send a quick little note to my college friends and distant family, just to let them know how much I’m missing them!

First Aid Beauty Products

As Springtime comes around and we are working on repairing our skin from the harsh winter, these First Aid Beauty products are sure to get our skin back to where it belongs. The three samples in the survival kit, which BTW, I immediately fell in love with, were the Ultra Repair Cream, Pure Skin Face Cleanser, and Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer. 

My favorite out of the three was definitely the Pure Skin Face Cleanser, as it left my skin feeling very clean and refreshed, while still being gentle. What I found the most impressive was that it was able to remove all of my makeup without leaving my skin oily, which I feel is common with a lot of makeup-removing cleansers. 

The Ultra Repair Cream is the perfect night time moisturizer as it is quite a rich product. My skin is combination, so this cream worked great at night, especially on my dry spots, but as a morning cream, I found it to be a bit heavy. However, for those with normal to dry skin, this cream will work wonders! 

For my morning routine, I enjoyed using the Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer. Not only do I love the smell of coconut, but the hydrating properties of coconut water are revitalizing to my skin. The duality of this product is what makes it perfect for me because I can wear it alone as a moisturizer, or I can use it as a primer before layering up my makeup. Regardless of if I use makeup on top of the product or not, my skin is left with a nice dewy finish and is moisturized for the whole day.

The DivaCup

The DivaCup is an eco-friendly and economically wise alternative menstrual product. Most of us tend to use tampons or pads, which are one-use disposables and have a hefty impact on our wallets. The DivaCup on the other hand is reusable for up to one year and only costs about $42. Though it may seem expensive, a pack of tampons usually cost around $15, but we have to buy one for each cycle. Not only that but the DivaCup is typically healthier than your average menstrual product as it is “BPA free, with no added chemicals, plastics, or dyes” according to the website. 

So if you’re looking for an alternative and more sustainable menstrual product, the DivaCup is the perfect option!

AZO Complete Feminine Balance Daily Probiotic

Women’s health is something that is so important to all of us at HerCampus and is something that we believe women should be more educated about. These Daily Probiotic vitamins are “specifically formulated to keep that natural balance in check.” The AZO website has a complete description of all the functions of this daily probiotic. As college women, it becomes clear how important and sensitive our vaginal system can be, so it is imperative that we are keeping up with our vaginal health. These probiotics are an easy and healthy way to restore and maintain balance to anyone’s system. 

Overall, I really enjoyed all of the products in the newest #HCSurvivalKit. It’s the perfect set of beauty and self-care products for the everyday college woman looking to keep her physical and mental health in check!

Jessica Brite

Northeastern '23

Jess is a fourth-year journalism major with a double minor in communications and global fashion studies at Northeastern University. Born and raised in NYC Jess enjoys all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle and music!
Sreya is a third-year combined computer science and business major. Prior to being Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief from 2020-2021, she was an editor for Northeastern's chapter. Besides being part of Her Campus, she's also in HackBeanpot and Scout. She spends most of her free time watching cringy reality shows, scrolling through Twitter, and going to concerts.