neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New Semester; New Stresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

A new semester has come and I can already feel the mental breakdowns I will be experiencing. Although I am already stressed out trying to balance a new semester that welcomes new challenges I am confident that I will come out of this a victor. Why? You may ask? Let me tell you.

During my community college years I always carried around a planner. I never missed a deadline or a quiz that was due online and it helped me keep me sane. Now look I know a lot of us usually rely on our cell phones but sometimes cell phones can stop working for whatever reason.

Once I transferred to New Mexico State University I knew the classes and the professors were going to be expecting nothing but excellence so instead of buying one planner I bought two along with calendar board.  To some it may look old school to actually have a planner but I love having a planner with me everywhere I go.

Along with my planners and board let me offer you some advice to surviving college.

1. Stay Organized

• If you have all your classes on canvas I really recommend downloading the app and put down that you want to receive the notifications. Believe me this will help you stay ahead of the class.
  • Get a PLANNER !!!!!!

2. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!

• Sometimes you can be so organized but you can still get confused about certain assignments or tests. There is nothing wrong with asking your teacher or another student.

3. Don’t bite more than what you can chew

• What do I mean by that? Lets say you’re taking at most 15 credit hours but you’re also working a part time job but you want to join two school clubs that require commitment.
  • People are different and some can handle it but just because they can doesn’t mean you should compare yourself to them.
  • And yes, I’m going to go bible on this. To whom much is given much is required. Take care of your portion first then once you feel you are ready to take on more responsibility than take it on.
  • Its so easy to compare your walk to others in college, don’t do that you’re running your own race. College is a marathon not a sprint.

I really hoped this helped you. College should be a time where you should be having fun. We all have been gifted different abilities and regardless what anyone tells you, you will make a difference in this world. Don’t worry about the small stuff. All this is temporary.

Your grades don’t define you. Your GPA doesn’t define you. It will only define you if you let it. When you mess up always remember that you have a new week a new day to start all over. If you fail a class it wont be the end of the world. Don’t let the stresses of this world get you down.

And one more tip…. As easy as it is to speak negatively about your life DON’T!

Your words bring so much life. I know it’s hard because sometimes life is hard but God wouldn’t bring you this far just to drop you. You can count on it. While youre doing all this I hope I don’t have to remind you but find a good study spot.

To conclude this article I want to wish my entire NMSU Aggies and my fellow college colleagues a wonderful, fulfilling semester.

WE GOT THIS!!!!

Lover of God, Photography, fashion, and food.
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.