Wellness

New Year, New Me- Create New Year Goals with Me!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Finals are now wrapping up, schools are on break, and jobs are becoming even more stressful around December. With that, soon the new year will appear. It happens so fast; you’ve just remembered the start of 2023, and now it’s getting near 2024! This year was rough for many people. School, jobs, and family all contribute a degree of stress to our minds. So, to combat that, I always make an ‘aesthetic’ to-do list to complete starting the new year. Today, I will teach you how to make one. 

Start off by opening up Pinterest. Scroll through each post and pin the posts that resonate to you in your idea board. I suggest finding posts with positive affirmations and images that make you feel good about yourself.

Using the influences of your idea board, create four lists titled Mind, Body, Soul, and  Academics/Career. You can make a rough draft on a piece of paper or in Google Docs. In each list, start listing out what you want to accomplish. For example, in your mind, you want to reduce stress; in your body, you want to walk more; in your soul, you want to travel to a new country; and in your academics or career, you want to have all As in your classes.

Once you are done listing off to-dos, you need to go on any editing app. I want you to make your four-item list look as aesthetically pleasing as possible for you. You also need to put 2024 straight in the middle of the four lists. Here’s an example of one from the previous years:

Once you have completed your little poster, you need to set the picture as your phone wallpaper so that you can look at it every day. With a constant view of your list, you are most likely to complete what you want to get done.

The last and final thing you need to do is not show anyone your list until the year is over. Not only will it make you want to complete your list more, but it will also make you happy to tell people all the accomplishments you have made from that year.

Through affirmations and creating goals, it can truly take you far. It will also make you feel more in control of your life. Through these steps, you can test and create your very own variations of what you want to accomplish in 2024. I hope you guys have fun making your to-do lists!

Atashanie Burke is currently a writer based at NC State University’s HerCampus. Atashanie grew up in a Caribbean family that originally lived in Florida for a couple of years before moving to Greensboro, North Carolina. She finished high school at one of the many schools in Guilford County. She is currently a first-year student at North Carolina State University, majoring in business administration. Some of Atashanie’s writing work would be her research report on hair salons and how they work with different hair types. Some of the hobbies Atashanie has are reading, writing, and staying up-to-date on celebrity gossip. Her favorite singer is Ariana Grande, and she loves anything to do with K-pop. So much to the point that she gives out her Spotify playlist to anyone who’s interested! With her love for music, she also cares strongly about standing up for what she believes in. Discussing topics regarding what’s popular on the internet is her forte. Her drive to put her point of view into these discussions was the main reason she joined HerCampus. After graduation, Atashanie hopes that she will earn valuable experience in the work of writing for HerCampus and also be a badass businesswoman. In the future, she will continue to show the world who she is.