This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Plan, Plan, Plan

Set time in your schedule to figure out what to study throughout the week. When you are juggling clubs, friends, other classes, and sleep, it is crucial that you make time for studying in the mix. A planner is a great tool for organizing and planning out your schedule.

Enforce Positive Talk

Midterms can be very stressful. For some of your classes, this could be the first written test of the whole semester. Instead of telling yourself that you’re going to fail or that you will never get through the work, talk positively to yourself. State out loud that you are doing your best and that everything is going to be alright. This will boost your mood and get rid of any negative thoughts that can make you more upset or anxious.

Take Breaks

After a long day of studying, make sure to take a break and find activities that have nothing to do with schoolwork. It is always good to hang out with friends or get off of campus all together. This way, you can fully relax!

Sleep is Important

Make sure you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep at night. Sleep is important so that you can fully focus on your exams. Feeling foggy might make you forget important information you need for your test.

Treat Yourself

When midterms are over, make sure to reward yourself! College can be very difficult, and it’s important to embrace your hard work by going out, getting a special treat, or just by simply taking a very long nap.

Happy Studying!

Lynsey Stanicki

Muhlenberg '21

My name is Lynsey Stanicki and I'm from New Jersey. I am a double major in Media/Communications and Theatre at Muhlenberg College. I also run my own podcast called A Work In Progress. Thank you for reading!
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!