This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, I am no fashion expert. But if there’s one thing that makes me feel confident in day-to-day life, it’s finding a cute and functional outfit. I can easily spend an hour on Pinterest. Through that, I have compiled a list of some cute ways to elevate your everyday look so that you feel even more confident than you did before.

Find a solid pair of go-to sneakers

My personal favorite right now is the ​​Nike Blazer Low Platform. Sneakers go with the majority of my wardrobe, so finding a cute pair I love is an important wardrobe staple.

Wear everyday jewelry that is good quality

I keep it pretty simple, wearing just earrings everyday. Having good quality jewelry that you love enough to wear everyday really elevates an outfit. It’s a part of your “signature look” or “brand” to always have classic pieces on. I love post earrings from Swarovski. I currently wear Swarovski Pavé Circle and Crystal Stud Earrings. I also recommend Kendra Scott for jewelry! It’s worth it to me. They’re a little more expensive up front, but they’ll last you a long time. They’re also a great gift.

Own plenty of comfy basics

Owning basics is so important for your wardrobe, because you’ll always feel like you have a new outfit to cultivate. Tank tops, long sleeve tops, sweatpants, etc. are items I wear frequently. I like to find these items at Target, Aritzia, Abercrombie, Pitaya (they have great sweatpants), and even L.L Bean. My favorite tank top is the Aritzia Sunday Best Honor Hip Tank Ribbed Racerback Tank Top, since it’s incredibly flattering. I also own plenty of long sleeve cotton tops from L.L. Bean which are great for the winter: L.L. Bean Women’s Pima Cotton Tee, Long-Sleeve Crewneck. My mom was onto something with those L.L Bean tops.

Find cute and good-quality workout gear

I don’t know about you, but I am more inclined to workout if I like what I am wearing! My recent favorite item has been the Aritzia TnaBUTTER™ Cheeky Hi-Rise 5″ Short. They are half the price of the Lululemon align shorts and better quality, in my opinion.

Add layers

Being in Michigan means adding layers to most outfits unless it is the summer time. Find some cute go-to items! For example, this could be a zip up sweatshirt, like an Old Navy Dynamic Fleece Zip Hoodie for Women – which I own – or a fleece or sherpa jacket.

Putting it all together

One of my current favorite outfits is gray sweatpants from Pitaya, a black tank from Aritzia, and my Nike sneakers. I also love colored leggings with a long sleeve top, Nike sneakers, and some sort of accessory, like a claw clip. It’s so simple and comfy, and yet I feel cute in it.

Elizabeth Cordill is a senior at Michigan State University studying Neuroscience with a concentration in Behavior and Systems. Upon graduation, she hopes to work during gap year(s) prior to pursuing medical school. A wide variety of specialties interest her: from OB/GYN, neurology, and pediatrics, just to name a few. Elizabeth is passionate about improving patient care, an interest she has furthered with research involvement on campus. On campus she is currently involved with epidemiology research in gynecological health. Outside of being a writer and member of the design team for Her Campus MSU, she enjoys spending time with friends, cooking, scrolling on Pinterest, spending time outside, working out, working with kids, and traveling. She has loved writing since taking Writing as Inquiry (WRA101) here at MSU. She hopes to gain more experience through Her Campus!