Unique Mother’s Day Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, I know I find it difficult to find unique gifts so I don’t give the same thing each year. I want my mom to feel special and appreciated, so I always try to find something unique and special that she will love. Here are a few unique gift ideas to keep in mind this Mother’s Day.

1. Massage or Spa Gift Card

I know how hard my mom works to maintain a house, work full time, and take care of the kids. This gift card idea is a great way for any mother to rejuvenate and have a day full of relaxation. Some spa packages include facials, full body massages, hot stone massages, or combination packages. This gift is a perfect way for Mom to feel appreciated and relaxed.

2. Personalized Birthstone Necklace

I find myself constantly buying my mom similar styles of jewelry each year. This birthstone necklace allows you to add a personalized spin onto a classic gift idea. You can pick the birthstones of children and add their initials next to the birthstone. It is available in gold or silver, so this is a sweet, sentimental gift that Mom will be sure to cherish.

3. Mother’s Day Gift Box

This gift box set comes with a little bit of everything, which is useful if you are stuck on what to buy. This set includes items such as an aromatherapy candle, a necklace, socks, compact mirror, cosmetic bag, and a mug. It also comes pre-wrapped in a basket, which saves time for wrapping. I love this gift because it has plenty of variety which any mom will enjoy.

4. “Spartan Mom” T-Shirt

Even if MSU is not your school, college/university tees like this one are a cute way for a mom to rep their child’s school. Moms will love to show off their pride for their student on and off campus. It is also a great keepsake for after graduation!

No matter what gift is given on Mother’s Day, it is always the thought that counts. Letting mothers feel appreciated is the least we can do for everything they do for us.

Meghan Hingst is a junior at MSU studying Elementary Education with a minor in Korean. She loves skincare, makeup, hair care, and following the latest trends!