Triple the Fun: Trio Halloween Costumes for a Spooktacular Night

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As the leaves change color and the nights grow longer, Halloween gets closer and closer. For those who love the spirit of the holiday, it’s the perfect time to unleash your creativity and transform into whatever you dream of. It’s time to start planning the perfect ensemble for the spookiest night of the year. Why opt for an individual costume when you can triple the fun? Trio Halloween costumes allow you to coordinate with your fellow ghouls and boo-ys. Grab your crew and make a collective decision on a trio costume, ensuring a spooktacular Halloween.

Classic Movie Monsters

The classics are classic for a reason! Sink your teeth into the classic vampire look, complete it with a cape, fangs, and some Transylvanian charm. Piece together an iconic Frankenstein look with bolts, green face paint, and tattered clothing. Wrap yourself in bandages to add a touch of ancient Egyptian mystique to the trio’s eerie ensemble. 

Bubble Bath 

For those who want to be more fun and less frightening, consider a bubble bath-themed costume. One member of your group could be a giant loofa, ready to scrub away any spookiness. The other two can be a soap bar and bathtub to soak up the Halloween fun and create bubbly memories together. Alternately, add a rubber duck to the mix!

Superheros 

There are a multitude of superheroes across the DC Comics and Marvel Universes. Personally, I’m a fan of the Justice League, which falls within the DC Comics universe. Bring the Justice League to life as Batman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash. Blend in with the night as Gotham City’s Dark Knight in a cape, mask, and utility belt. Channel the strength and beauty of Wonder Woman with her iconic outfit, complete with a lasso of truth. Zoom into action with The Flash’s crimson and gold attire.

Scooby-Doo

Dressing as the Scooby-Doo gang can serve as a good group costume as well as a trio costume. Choose your favorite members of the Mystery Inc. gang and equip yourself with the essential tools for solving mysteries. 

Britney Spears

One of the costumes I’ll be doing with my friends this year is Britney Spears. Recreate various iconic Britney Spears performances from her music videos, awards shows, and concerts. From the “Baby One More Time” schoolgirl outfit to the sparkling “Toxic” look, there are plenty of options to choose from.

Sun, Moon, & Stars

Unleash celestial magic by dazzling everyone as the sun, moon, and stars. Shine brightly as the sun in a golden outfit and radiant accessories. Be a mysterious moon with a dark cloak and glowing silver accents. Complete the celestial trifecta with a shimmering star ensemble. 

Gods

Embrace the power of the Gods this Halloween as Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Represent the king of the gods and the ruler of Mount Olympus, Zeus, in regal white while wielding a thunderbolt. Become Poseidon, the god of the sea, with a trident and ocean-inspired accessories. Channel the underworld’s ruler, Hades, with dark, dramatic robes and a fearsome presence.

These are just a few trio Halloween costumes; the possibilities are endless! Remember, the key to a truly outstanding costume is attention to detail and coordination. Don’t be afraid to add your own twist with makeup or props. Here’s to a Halloween filled with magic and memories. May your trio outfit conjure the magic of spooky season.

Leah Lindemeyer was formerly the Community Outreach Director and an editor for Her Campus as MSU. She helped HCMSU remain active in the community and give back to East Lansing. Lindemeyer graduated from Michigan State University in spring of 2024 with a bachelor's degree in communication and minors in media photography, public relations, and global studies. After graduation, she will go to Ohio State for her Master's in communication. Lindemeyer wrote and edited for her high school's journalism program for all four years she attended. For her work, she earned the James L. McCann "Excellence in Journalism" Award two years in a row. In her free time, Lindemeyer enjoys water skiing, traveling, watching romantic comedies, and taking photos.