Life > Experiences

Top 3 Cider Mills around East Lansing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As we get deeper into Fall, and the leaves continue to change colors, it’s time for one of my favorite seasonal activities: going to the cider mill. Whether you’re going with family or a group of friends, a cider mill has a variety of things that everyone can enjoy. From corn mazes to picking the perfect pumpkin, it’s sure to be a fun-filled trip. I am going to share three of the best cider mills that I have been to around Michigan State University’s campus.

1.  Uncle John’s Cider Mill

Coming in first is Uncle John’s Cider Mill, which is about 30 minutes from the Michigan State campus. This particular cider mill has an amazing 5-acre corn maze that takes about 45 minutes to complete. They also have caramel apples, donuts, regular apple cider, and hard cider for those above 21. Additionally, Uncle John’s has train and wagon rides for kids and a large pumpkin patch for everyone to enjoy.

2.  Country Mill Orchard and Cider Mill

This cider mill is also about 30 minutes from campus, and it is just as worth it. Here, you can pick apples and pumpkins as usual, but one unique quality about this cider mill is that you can pick your own peaches and blueberries from the orchards. They have organic wines and hard ciders inside the farm market. As for activities, there is a corn maze and horse-drawn wagon rides that go throughout the property. Overall, there is something here for everyone!

3.  Phillip’s Orchards and Cider Mill

The final cider mill is the farthest from MSU’s campus at about 35 minutes away. It has a variety of pumpkins and apples to choose from, as well as freshly made donuts. They are known for their delicious cider slushies, but they have normal cider, as well. This cider mill has various pastries such as pies and cookies! What this cider mill lacks in activities, they certainly make up for with yummy treats.

No matter which cider mill you pick from the list above, a good time is guaranteed. I hope you enjoy your cider and donuts as much as I will. Happy spooky season!

Caitlynn Cutler is a staff writer for Her Campus at MSU. This is her first semester wiring with the chapter. Cutler is a senior at Michigan State University. She is currently majoring in Human Biology with a concentration on Anatomy. She aspires to go to medical school and eventually begin a career as a radiologist. When she's not doing homework, Cutler is working online with children from her hometown school as a tutor. She tutors 1st through 4th grades students in Math and English Language Arts. In her free time, Cutler enjoys listening to music and spending time with her Snoodle puppy.