Wellness

This is Your Sign to Start Spring Cleaning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Before Spring Break started, I went through my entire dorm and cleaned everything out. I re-organized drawers, did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, wiped down counters, and much more. It felt so relieving to be deep cleaning my room after so long. As my room got cleaner, I started feeling better about my space, so here are four ways to start your spring cleaning checklist.

1. Go through your closet

This was my first spring cleaning step. I went through my shirts, bottoms, and coats and decided what to keep. I didn’t even wear some things in my closet anymore, so why should I still keep them? This also applies to shoes, accessories, bags and purses, and bedding. Make sure to distribute your unwanted clothes ethically!

2. Clean your bathroom

Some of us live in dorms or in apartments. If you have a bathroom to clean, please clean it. I didn’t realize how badly my sink needed cleaning before I spent some time on it. Wipe down mirrors and other surfaces like the toilet, sink, and shower. Sweep the floors and keep the cabinets stocked.

3. Dust your surfaces

I don’t realize how much dust I breathe in every day until I wipe down my surfaces. Dust and sanitize countertops, desks, and fans so you breathe clean air.

4. Find items to sell or donate

Not only can you sell or donate clothes, but also your unwanted items! Look through your books and donate them at libraries, shred and recycle old paper, and sell unwanted appliances. There are so many online platforms to sell things nowadays, so take advantage of this.

There are so many ways to start spring cleaning! And the best part, you’ll feel refreshed when you’re all done.

A Michigan State University student by day, an 8-hour sleeper by night Aditi would best describe herself as a "rather simple enigma." As she embarks on her college journey, Aditi cherishes the simple things in life: a cup of coffee, some pastel post-it notes, and her ever-growing succulent.