This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

I have read 40 books of different genres so far this year. I read anything from cute romance novels to complex high fantasy series. That gives me a lot of room to recommend books to my friends that I think fit well with their personalities, and the easiest way for me to stereotype people’s personalities is by looking at their star signs. Here are the twelve different book recommendations I have for you based on your zodiac sign!

1. Aries: Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Aries are often described as adventurous, energetic, and impulsive, and that is exactly what this book is. Malibu Rising follows the four children of a famous rockstar in the year 1983 as the kids host their annual end-of-summer party. This entirety of this book takes place in one day intertwined with flashbacks to the kids’ parents meeting and falling in love in the 50s and 60s. It is extremely fast-paced, and the chaos of the day never seems to end. 

You get to learn so much about the four main characters and their dynamics in such a small amount of time, and you can’t help but get attached to the Riva children.

“Our family histories are simply stories. They are myths we create about the people who came before us, in order to make sense of ourselves.”

― Taylor Jenkins Reid, Malibu Rising

1. Taurus: Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory

Tauruses are reliable, warmhearted, and persistent, so a romance novel seemed like a perfect recommendation for the sign. This novel follows Olivia, a lawyer in the process of establishing her own law firm, and Max, a junior United States senator. After the two meet in a hotel bar one night, they go their separate ways, but end up bumping into each other again months later. I can often find myself struggling to read books with mundane plotlines, but this book was such an easy read, and you fall in love with the relationship between the two main characters. 

To Olivia Monroe — Just in case you’re still in search of some excellent cake. Good seeing you today. Maybe we can do it on purpose next time?

Max

― Jasmine Guillory, Party of Two 

1. Gemini: Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson

Geminis are known to be adaptable, witty, and cunning just like the majority of the characters in this duology. This fast-paced fantasy novel hit all of the tropes: enemies to lovers, forced proximity, and many more. From the moment I picked up the first novel, I was unable to stop reading until I reached the end of the second. I was on the edge of my seat reading this book, and I was so entertained by all the plotlines and characters.

“Choose your words carefully, even the words you think, because they become seeds, and seeds become history.”

― Mary E. Pearson, Dance of Thieves

1. Cancer: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Most people know that cancers are emotional, intuitive, and cautious, so, naturally, I had to choose one of the most heartbreaking books I read this year. Colleen Hoover has the most insane way of making you fall in love with her characters and then making you experience all of the same emotions they do. The book follows Lily during two different times in her life. You see her as a teenager and as an adult learning her way through the world. 

There are no words I could use to describe how beautiful this book was and yet so heartbreaking at the same time. 

“All humans make mistakes. What determines a person’s character aren’t the mistakes we make. It’s how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”

― Colleen Hoover, It Ends with Us

1. Leo: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Leos are notoriously enthusiastic, loving, and bossy, so the glitz and glamour of 1950s Hollywood could only be portrayed by one sign. This is the second time Taylor Jenkins Reid has been mentioned in my list, and it is not the last. Reid is able to really transport you through time in her writing, focusing on old Hollywood in this book. 

The book follows the famous actress Evelyn Hugo from the start of her career all the way through to the end and all of the husbands (yes seven of them) she had along the way. Evelyn is an inherently flawed character, but that is what makes you love her so much. All she wants is to be loved, but her means to get there cause problems in her life. 

I have never read any book like this one, and I would be lying if I told you it was not my favorite book of all time. I wish that I could go back in time and read this book for the first time again, that’s just how good it is.

“Intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand in front of them bare and their response is ‘you’re safe with me’ – that’s intimacy.”

― Taylor Jenkins Reid, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

1. Virgo: The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

Virgos are meticulous, intelligent, and oftentimes perfectionists, so what better recommendation than a romance novel about two biologists. The story centers around the relationship between Olive and Adam, and the two start as complete strangers, but a coincidental run in sticks them in a complicated situation that ends in a fake dating ploy. This book was so fun to read, and I could not put it down once I started. It was so easy to get attached to the main characters, and I loved every minute reading this book.

“You can fall in love: someone will catch you.”

― Ali Hazelwood, The Love Hypothesis

1. Libra: People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry

Libras are known to be romantic, sociable, and idealistic, and I cannot think of a better recommendation than People We Meet on Vacation. This was the book that really made me fall in love with reading romance novels, and it still remains to be one of my favorites. The book follows the main characters, Poppy and Alex, over the course of ten years going on their yearly vacations together. 

The friendship between the two main characters is heartwarming in itself, but the romance that it develops to be is one that makes you melt. It has been months since I finished reading this book, and I still think about how amazing it was. It was lighthearted, fun, and really made me want to go on vacation.

“I don’t think I knew I was lonely until I met you.”

― Emily Henry, People We Meet on Vacation

1. Scorpio: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

Scorpios are described as powerful, determined, and jealous much like the main characters in this trilogy. The Cruel Prince is one of my favorite books to recommend to people who want to read fantasy, but are afraid they would get confused. It is a quick read and fairly easy to understand all while being super interesting. I read the whole series in a matter of days and got very attached to the characters. Holly Black really knows how to create dynamic worlds and characters that virtually everyone will fall in love with.

“Most of all, I hate you because I think of you. Often. It’s disgusting, and I can’t stop.”

― Holly Black, The Cruel Prince

1. Sagittarius: Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Sagittariuses can be described as freedom-loving, honest, and restless, all of which can be used to describe Daisy Jones. If you did not skip to Sagittarius, you probably noticed this is the third time I have mentioned a book written by Talor Jenkins Reid, and that’s because her books are so unbelievably unique. This book is written entirely in interview format, so it really is unlike anything I have ever read before, and it helps to solidify it as one of my favorite reads ever.

Daisy Jones & The Six follow the members of a rock band in the 1970s that is based off of Fleetwood Mac, so you can only imagine the drama these characters go through. The characters are all so flawed, but so easy to love, and you really find yourself rooting for them by the end of the book. 

“I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else’s muse.

I am not a muse.

I am the somebody.

End of fucking story.”

― Taylor Jenkins Reid, Daisy Jones & The Six

1. Capricorn: The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh

Capricorns are practical, ambitious, and patient, and those traits reminded me of The Wrath & The Dawn. This is another fantasy series, but this one is a retelling of One Thousand and One Nights. I heard very little about this book before I decided to pick it up, but I was so glad I did. Like almost every book on this list, I fell in love with the character and the world building, and I would highlight recommend it to someone looking for a higher fantasy read.

“My soul sees its equal in you.”

― Renee Ahdieh, The Wrath and the Dawn

1. Aquarius: One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston

Aquariuses are friendly, original, and independent. When I think original I automatically think of this book. I feel like I have never read anything with a plot like this. Who doesn’t love a book full of romance, time-travel, and the subway? The story follows August as she moves to New York City and Jane, the mysterious girl that August met on the Q train. This book was so fun and I loved not only the main characters, but also the amazing side characters. I have really enjoyed reading McQuiston’s books, and I cannot wait to read what they write next.

“It’s easy to know who you are when you chose once and never changed your mind.”

― Casey McQuiston, One Last Stop

1. Pisces: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

Pisces can be seen as imaginative, unworldly, and secretive much like the title character Addie LaRue. The book focuses on a girl from a small town in France who makes a deal with the devil to live forever, but the catch: no one will remember her. This entire book is beautiful and dreamy, and reminds me of a Pisces.

“Three words, large enough to tip the world. I remember you.”― V.E. Schwab, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

Bella is a sophomore at Michigan State University studying journalism with a concentration in international reporting!