This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

On Oct. 21, Taylor Swift dropped her latest album “Midnights,” and the Swifties have (rightfully) gone wild. Not only did she release the initial fourteen track album at midnight, but she also released an additional six songs at 3 a.m. Since its release, Swift has had the music world in a death grip, and quite frankly, she knows it all too well.

“Midnights” has already broken three Spotify records since it dropped for the public’s consumption. According to the Guinness World Records website, the pop album has taken the title of most streamed album on Spotify in 24 hours (184.6 million streams), most day-one streams of an album on Spotify (184.6 million streams), and most streamed act on Spotify in 24 hours (228 million streams). In the first week, her album sales had already reached more than 1,578,000. She also became the first artist in history to earn over a billion streams on Spotify in just one week.

As a few weeks have passed since its release, she continues to break record after record. She is now the number one female artist with the highest peak monthly Spotify listeners (83.2 million). She has also surpassed The Weeknd in being the most listened to artist in the world. As far as Billboard Artist 100 records are concerned, she is the first artist in history to spend an entire year at #1 on the charts, and the first artist to hold all the top ten spots of Billboard Hot 100. Taylor Swift knows what sells to the music world right now. It is obvious by the massive numbers of presales Ticketmaster received: the sheer attempts to purchase The Eras Tour tickets have broken the site.

Personally, I am in love with this album and have listened to it on repeat since it was released. I have been a Taylor Swift fan since she released her self-titled first album. I have almost all over her albums on CD and know the lyrics by heart. At this moment it’s still too hard to pick favorite songs from her latest albums, but I do have a few I’m hooked on currently: “Mastermind,” “Dear Reader,” “Sweet Nothing” and “Lavender Haze.”

Mikia Lawrence is the current secretary of MSU's Her Campus Chapter and is in her first year of the position. She manages chapter attendance and incentive points as well as day to day organizational chapter functions. Lawrence is also a part of the design team to create graphics for her chapter. She is a sophomore journalism major at MSU with minors in broadcast journalism and leadership of organizations. She was an anchor and the producer for her high school's daily live announcements throughout her four years. In the 2024 spring semester she will be an intern at HOMTV in Meridian Township. In her free time, she enjoys watching sports with friends, reading, writing, and playing dinosaurs with her little brother.