Style > Beauty

Spring Nails Designs You Need to Feel Like a Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Every time I get my nails done I always feel renewed. Something about having fancy nails, and putting in the time and money for myself, there’s a self-content feeling that instantly gives me a boost in my mood, even on the worst of days. Of course, getting nails done can be crazy expensive, so some of these ideas are easy to do at home. 

1. The combination of pastel pink and mint green

These colors have been trendy for a while, but pastel pink and mint green look good on any skin tone, and the contrast of colors makes the nails stand out. These light colors are perfect for pairing with a spring dress. 

1. Fun color french tip

French tip has been trendy for years, though recently the idea of fun colors for the tips of nails has been everywhere. It is super easy to do at home and versatile to pair with any spring color. 

1. Smiley faces

One of my favorite inspirations is the small smiley faces that are usually on french tips. It is good as an accent nail but also shows the artistic quality that some nail arts can have. 

1. Classic Nude 

As my mom says, nude will never go out of fashion. It’s a good staple when one wants to look elegant, sophisticated, and clean. It is fun to play around with different types of nudes until one finds the perfect nude for any occasion. 

1. Jelly nails 

I recently got this done and I have to say that I am obsessed. Jelly nails are a polish that creates a “jelly-like” look, meaning super shiny and reflective. I like when jelly nails are shades of pinks, whites, and reds. The nails almost look like candy and give the classic manicure a surprise twist. 

1. Fruit on nails 

This might sound a little funky, but this trend is popular in the spring and summer. Some people will decorate their nails with stickers or use nail polish to draw fruits themselves. Any way it is done, they make your nails stand out and can also be varied by which fruit you want. 

There are so many other spring nail ideas, but the purpose of getting nails done is to feel more confident with oneself and yes, it is indulging. But I say that feeling like a girl boss because of treating yourself once in a while is worth it.

Hello! My name is Greta Shaw and I am currently a sophomore attending Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. I plan on going into marketing and to use my Chinese communication skills to work internationally.