Starbucks drink with pumpkins and mums
Starbucks drink with pumpkins and mums
Original photo by Emma Hogan

Sipping all season long: Starbucks brings holiday cheer with new menu items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

‘Tis the season to be caffeinated and have your cravings cured. On November 4th, Starbucks is rolling out the red carpet for customers in the United States and Canada and inviting them into a winter wonderland for the holiday season. 

Santa’s got a brand new bag, and it screams dairy-free. The Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte is the first non-dairy holiday beverage that debuted for the coffee company. While the beverage is iced, hot form is available, with both cups filled with espresso and nut milk. This drink generates inclusivity for those with dietary restrictions, intolerances, or preferences. 

The holiday season is impossible without memories and we couldn’t forget about the fan favorites. Additional holiday drinks to be served this season include the Peppermint Mocha, Irish Cream Cold Brew, Caramel Brulee Latte, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, and the Chestnut Praline Latte. 

What good is a drink without a snack to pair with it? New bakery items for the season consist of the Reindeer Cakepop, Sugarplum Cheese Danish, Cranberry Bliss Bar, and Snowman Cookies. 

While the bakery menu is reinvented for 2021, one thing stays the same, those iconic red cups. The red cups this year are designed with holiday cheer, wrapped in red, green, and lilac. What’ll be in your cup this season? 

Madeline Allen is an undergraduate student studying Media and Information at Michigan State University. Madeline is a staff writer and the Design Lead for HCMSU.