This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It was never just a phase, especially considering emo culture will be celebrated again this summer.

After months of waiting (okay, let’s be real, we’ve been waiting for summer tour and festival dates to drop since the weather first got cold), we got the announcement of the Sad Summer Fest (SSF) line up, dates, and locations.

The announcement took place on the various social media accounts of SSF, Journeys, and the artists themselves on Friday, March 18th. You can view the SSF Instagram here.

The line up consists of various pop punk icons including Mayday Parade, State Champs, The Summer Set, Hot Mulligan, and Against the Current.

Waterparks and Neck Deep will be headlining the tour. Magnolia Park and Lolo are also tagging along but  will each be performing only a few dates of the tour.

The tour is 8,177 miles across the USA (as quoted from SSF’s Instagram) and has 18 different shows throughout the months of July and August.

For my Michigan folks, they are coming to the Crofoot Festival grounds in Pontiac, Michigan like in the past years.

I’m excited to see many of these artists live as even though I’m only a fan of a few bands, I recognize most of the names from various pop punk playlists due to the Spotify algorithm. You can view the official Spotify playlist for the tour here.

For more information regarding the festival, policies, and tickets, you can visit the Sad Summer Fest website. There are general admission and VIP packs available in all of the dates still with general admission costing $49 and the VIP costing $99 as of the publication date of this article.

Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.