Fruity Champagne Drink Glass
Fruity Champagne Drink Glass
Cassie Howard / Her Campus

Rosé on a Summer Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Nothing tastes better than a cold, refreshing drink on a warm summer evening, except for maybe a popsicle to combat the heat! With the sun blazing down most hours of the day, it can be a struggle to find relief from the heat. With warm days still ahead, as the season slowly transitions to fall, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy a simple, fresh cocktail. 

Popsicle Delight

Ingredients: bubbly Rosé, outshine fruit popsicle (recommended: mango)

• Chill Rosé 
  • Remove popsicle from packaging
  • Place popsicle in a stemless wine glass 
  • Pour Rosé over popsicle into glass
  • Enjoy!

Frozen Fruit Slush

• Pull a out blender
  • Add 2 cups of frozen mango
  • Add 2 cups of frozen raspberries
  • Blend until smooth
  • Pour into a stemless wine glass
  • Top with chilled Rosé
  • Enjoy!

The nice qualities of this drink don’t just stop at a simple recipe, as there are many ways to customize this drink! A few ideas include fresh mint, strawberries and pineapple, which can give a different flare to your glass. Even using a rosé that isn’t sparkling can make this drink great! There is also no obligation to use mangoes or raspberries. This drink can be tailored to each individual’s taste and is easy to enjoy with friends!

Phebe Jones is the Treasurer for Her Campus at MSU. Jones is a senior studying biochemistry as well as molecular genetics. Jones has published many times by local libraries for summer writing contests. She doesn't write often in her majors and wants to keep in enjoying one of her favorite activities. In her free time, Jones enjoys: reading, videogames, horror movies, listening to music, and cartoons.